Guest Little Swan

Butler

772 posts in this topic

We are going May 19th. I wanted to go the 21st but I am going on a NYC bus trip with my mom on the 22nd. Butler is 7 hours away from us so I couldn't make it work! Bummer! I did notice our girls met on Butler's admitted student page! I'm sure we will met along the way as well! I am on fb! Kristen Steinly (Don't know if I'm allowed to say that or put my name on here)! LOL

If you're going to orientation on April 21, be sure to stay and see Butler Ballet's spring production of Giselle. It runs April 21-23. You can get tickets online at https://butlerartscenter.org/event/giselle.

Congratulations again to those attending next year! Let me know if you have any questions. My DD will be a senior. Hard to believe really!!

On our DD's list. Can anyone tell me current  information, review etc? 

My DD is starting in a week.  I do know that there are 41 incoming dancers, 7 being male.  They had said earlier that there were 411 auditions.  My DD applied in September and auditioned in January.  Butler is pretty generous on academic scholarships and they let you know with your acceptance. 

This is on my DD's list as well. She has a friend starting there this year, and we're both looking forward to hearing how she likes it!

Thank you for the information on numbers and such. Unfortunately with traveling for auditions we will be unable to go to tour all the schools before hand to ask questions. 

I am concerned a bit about academic acceptance. Knowing these dancers have to be accepted not only by their dance ability but their academic ability. She is a good student but not 4.0 exceptional. She works hard but school does not come as easy to her as some. Math is her biggest struggle. I guess we will see.

The application is live now.  I made a deal with my DD that I would pay for any application that she submitted before Labor Day.  Missed the deadline a bit, but all apps were in by 9/11.  We had answers as early as the next day!  Admissions counselors can give you an idea where you stand academically.