Ballet Talk for Dancers
ABTBluebird

any famous dancers from your ballet school?

Guest Ells

I'm not aware of any famous dancers coming out of our school (yet!), but our new AD is Keith Martin (Royal Ballet). He was an amazing dancer and is a wonderful teacher.

ballaurena

This isn't really directly from my school, but Kyra Nichols trained with her mom, Sally Streets, who founded the school I go to.

happyfeet24

Glenn Sims from Alvin Alley Dance Troupe is from my daughters original studio in New Jersey

Guest swanlakedancer

Devon Tuecher (sp?) with ABT danced with my acadamy and another dancer with the Atlantic Ballet but I cant remember her last name..I know its Sarah and she dances with the corps de ballet.

32fouettes

People have gone onto the Boston Ballet, Milwaukee Ballet, Aspen Santa Fe, Joffrey, ABT and more.

Edited by 32fouettes

Goldenhuny06

The school I go to for open classes(Maryland Youth Ballet) is the one that trained Julie Kent

Edited by Goldenhuny06

ABTBluebird

Dancergirl39--I attend the School of the Grand Rapids Ballet Company

Pointe1432
Misty Copeland and Ashley Ellis, although Misty came just 2 years before graduating high school and going to ABT Studio Co.  Ashley started at the studio when she was 5.

Also, Ilona McHugh went to my middle/high school and her and her sister (Alina Faye) took class at the studio I was at in Long Beach/Lakewood, CA.

Ha.... I guess I went to the same school you did, because I trained with Ashley, and I was there for I think just one of Misty's years.... great school.

Fiz

Cathy Marston, the choreographer, trained at my daugher's old school Fiz. xxx

Guest Raedyn L.

Hmm. At the Alameda Ballet Academy, the school I'm planning to attend, the artistic director is Abra Rudisill. Memorable name in itself, em? :)

She was a former prima ballerina of the Oakland Ballet.

jessemoo
Sarah Lane, Kristi Boone, Alanna Lipsky, Aisha Ash (who was the double for Eva in "Center Stage")... so far :wink:

hey me too! another draper girl! who is this?

Belle of the ballet #1

Rachel Rawlins (aussie ballet) and Pia Miranda (never made it as a dancer even though she could have, was josie in looking for alibrandi and has been in numerous other movies though) came from the school i went to when i started out, but we moved so i had to leave :wink: i don't really know of any others though.

some of you guys are so lucky with the people that have come from your schools, and they come back for shows!!! i would love that :P

luv belle

tillie

Well, at my old school where I started out, Nina Alonso Hathaway, the AD was a soloist with Boston Ballet, and was a teacher at José Mateo's Ballet Theater before she opened her studio. Some people she has trained at some point are Jennifer Gelfand (former principal dancer with Boston Ballet), Antony James Rizzi (choreographer and dancer with Frankfurt Ballet in Germany). Theres a couple of others but I can't remember. :yes:

darcyb99

Catherine Batcheller from mine!

Guest Kirena

Catherine Batcheller (We all called her 'Cathy') was such a great teacher! She taught at the BSBC during two weeks in the Summer. She was so nice! We all missed her after she left. I think she teaches at Walnut Hill right now.