Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest SophieSapphire

favorite male dancer

Guest kitrisomeday

Vladimir Malakhov for his soft, clean jumps and his sparkly turns.

jose carreno has great prescence

angel corella for his adorable smile, hehehe

and his dancing :(

Guest Lovebird

Donald Macleary, a great partner, and a noble presence

Michael Coleman, one of the best dancer-actors and a good comedian, a real sense of humour

Anthony Dowell, perfect line and proportions, perfect textbook technique

David Wall, versatile, handsome, amazing technique

stinger784

Irek Mukhamedov and Vladimir Vasiliev. Here are two guys that brought male dancing to a new athletic level while maintaining the artistry of Nureyev. I wonder what Nijinsky would have thought of them?

DreadPirateRoberts

I agree with ToThePointe -- I have to say Baryshnikov, as much for how he

danced (and dances) as for what he has done for dance.

mohnurka

Igor Zelensky, Farukh Ruzimatov and Konstantin Zaklinsky.... :) Very expressive acting, and great technique as well

Guest rebekah

Definately Igor Zelensky! Would also add Ivan Putrov and Johan Kobborg from the Royal Ballet. xx

Guest Giselledancer513

Maxim Nisnevich :) He's so nice to me! :thumbsup:

elizzy

I definitely adore Ethan Stiefel; I've only seen him live once, in Swan Lake a few months ago, but I thought he was amazing and a really gorgeous dancer. Of course I'm obsessed with the movie Center Stage and love his dancing in that, as well.

Guest alescna

gosh, lots of ppl love ethan stefiel after watching centre stage!.. me too!.. but i think julio bocca is really good too... watch the movie 'Tango' Its an Argentinian film.. in spanish with subtitiles... but you get to see the tango side of julio there!... and of course angel corella and vladmir malakhov are really good too... do i sound like a abt fanatic?? :D

silvergreydancer

Angel Corella such showmanship and presentation!

Guest Amy_Dance

Angel Corella: for his jumps and energy to dance as well as an ecellent technique

Vladimir Malakhov : for his wonderful arabesque and great jumps

Carlos Acosta: for his wonderful jumps

Guest Amy_Dance

Sorry forgot :

Rasta Thomas : Simply perfect !

silvergreydancer

Amy_Dance,

The wonderful thing about Corella is you always feel that he could do more and still be in control. Rock solid technique!

Vladimir Malakhov: At first I didn't really care for his style of presentation, but as I saw more of him, I began to appreciate the spritelike, lighter than air quality. He seem to float forever.

Baryshnikov, I think WOW! This guy actually made it ok for men to dance and all he had to do was just stand there but he didn't and the rest is history! What a presence! I think he and Nureyev and a host of American trained dancers. (Edward Villella comes to mind!) not only made it ok for men to dance. They started to reverse the 19th century thinking of Ballet is only for women by doing what men do best! Sheer athleticism and power!

EmilyPdancer

I guess, I would have to say that my favorite male dancer is Lanny Spires. You probably have never heard of him, he dances with the Columbia ballet as well as teaches there. He is my favorite dancer, buecause he not only is amazing on stage, and has great tecnique, but he is a very nice person, and a wonderful teacher. We were both in the show "Annie get your Gun" together, and when we had two shows on the same day (which was most of the time durring a month and a half run), he would give me private classes since I wass missing my regular classes due to the show. He worked me really hard, and I really appreciated it I felt like I improved while he was teaching me because he really pushed me to my limits :thumbsup: and even when i couldn't get a combonation, we would do it over untill I got it, and then we would make it neat. So... Lanny is my favorite male dancer, teacher, and friend.