Ballet Talk for Dancers
ABTBluebird

Who is your favorite ballet dancer?

Gina Ness

Gregory and Bujones were phenomenal...Right up there on my list of best dancers of all time...

lampwick

Somebody just loaned me a tape with quite a bit of footage of Viviana Durante from Royal Ballet. I have a new favorite! She's perfection...

Memo

Oh yes that is a beautiful video with some lovely variations done beautifully by the fairies also. She is really lovely in all the variations on that. Quite brilliant.

:angelnot:

Guest PiNkSaTiN

My favorite dancer is Paloma Herrera

Guest livebreathedance

Suzanne Farrell without a doubt.I went to her lecture at harvard last year and it was very informative.

my other favorite dancers are David Hallberg of ABT - he has exquisite lines for a male dancer , Nicole Rhodes of Royal Danish Ballet , Anna Polikarpova of the Hamburg Ballet - her adagio is amazing and she has so much warmth on stage, Lorna Feijoo of the Boston Ballet - she is so powerful both in her tecnique and her artistry - i saw her dance the most breathtaking white swan last year... , and Francoise Voranger of Jose Mateo's Ballet Theater - still very young (19yrs i think) but has strong technique and is passionate...she will be an interesting one to watch in the future.

tinkerbell22

I think that one of my favorite teachers is Victoria Mazzerelli (sp?). She is a great teacher!!! My only problem with her is the fact that I have a trouble paying attention when she teaches because she has such amazing feet and legs it is hard to pay attention to anything else...lol.

Guest Joanna

Sylvie Guillem - her moves are so beautyful, she's very flexible and fast

Diana Vishneva

Aurelie Dupont

Alicia Alonso

and from dancers in Poland:

Sławimir Woźniak

Maxim Wojtiul

Izabela Milewska

Chayadore

Suzzane Farrell all the way! I have never seen another dancer that even comes close to her. She blows me away!

fouette809

paloma herrera and roberta marquez (sp.?) they are amazing!!!

Guest kitri2b

Maria Kowroski- I saw her live last year and she was absolutely amazing!!! I also love Patricia Barker, because my body is very similar to hers, and Julie Kent too.

Guest swanodette

Sylvie Guillem!!! She has got everything from A to Z :P

Ed McPherson

I have always loved watching videos of Anthony Dowell, if we're to go with current dancers Gonzalo Garcia at SFB has really impressed me.

Guest somedaySAB

My all time favorites are Alina Cojocaru and especially YELENA PANKOVA!!! :shrug:

Latecat

So many favorites.....Tamara Rojo, Barbara Garcia, Mara Galeazzi, Irek Mukhammedov, Angel Corella, Alexei Borovik.....and there are others too!

Latecat

Sorry....I left out two of my favorites.....Carlos Acosta and Leanne Benjamin! It really is hard to come up with a list since each dancer has particular strengths that are different from another dancer's strengths.