Ballet Talk for Dancers
  • Announcements

• Helene

2018 Joint Fundraiser for Ballet Talk for Dancers and Ballet Alert!   02/03/2018

We have launched our 2018 Fundraiser.  To donate, please see the instructions on our home page for checks (US dollars only) and credit card donations via PayPal.  We close the fundraiser as soon as we raise enough to sustain us for the next year, and we thank you for your support!
Guest sweetie

Ballet Schools in California - San Diego

Lady Elle

Melissa - okay, about all the other questions.  Max has his own small school and it's really hard to find information on it.  It's kind of a word of mouth thing.  I'll look around again for him and get back to you.  City Ballet will lean towards Balanchine style in training.  California Ballet - not sure if there really is a consistant syllabus or style.  It is a pretty big school, or used to be anyway.  Not super familiar with the school.  I'm more familiar with the company as many of the dancers take classes at the studio I used to work at.  San Diego Ballet used to be really strong (with Max), not sure how it is now.  

You may like Ballet Arte.  More russian style I believe.  Nice couple, they have some solid dancers coming out of that studio.  It's located in Solana Beach.  Lynch Dance Institute is located in Poway.  California Ballet is in the Clairmont Mesa area.  San Diego Ballet is in Pointe Loma.  CIty Ballet is in Pacific Beach.  

Like I said, PM me with questions.  I've been around the dance world in SD for a long time both as a studio employee and as a mom of a ballet dancer - and as a dancer myself!

dancemaven

Please, let’s continue to share the information on the open Board so that all our members researching schools in this area can benefit.  Otherwise, there is no point in maintaining the threads.  :wink:

And please also remember that we ask for first-hand knowledge or experience with the schools only, not someone else’s.  :thumbsup:

Lady Elle

Okay.  Great.  I just didn't want to compare too much or anything.  I'll share from first hand experience.