Ballet Talk for Dancers

backstagemom   
backstagemom

Dancer1717 - CPYB classes are mainly in the late afternoon / early evening, so it's absolutely possible to take classes at Dickinson and dance. 

Regarding kids asked to leave -My understanding that outside inappropriate behavior was the cause. They are a serious school with high expectations. 

Regarding barn babies - My DD is older, so perhaps her perspective is a little more objective. She will be the first to tell you that the "barn babies" are amazing and deserve the attention. 

Clpretzel   
Clpretzel

Dancer1717, another option is to take classes with former CPYB teachers who still teach in the area.  There are some incredible ballet teachers within a short distance of Dickinson.   

Mom de deux   
Mom de deux

I'd second this. We were dropping in at CPYB when we could make the drive, but we go to one of these other teachers now instead.

ballethouse   
ballethouse

I'll take this thread as a compliment ? there are several ballet teachers who are former CPYB in the area.   However, CPYB "frowns upon" students going to other studios.  There are a select few who're still on good terms with CPYB and are allowed to use the CPYB studios. 

bambiballerina   
bambiballerina

figured it out!!! thanks for offering your help.  I don't wanna keep all that info up there.  I started this week and am so far very sure and happy with my decision. 

Edited by bambiballerina
got all the answers I needed

Ebuettgen2   
Ebuettgen2

Please contact me if you are looking for housing for CPYB. My daughter is not returning and we would like to help them fill this room. 

Ebuettgen2   
Ebuettgen2

Bambiballerina, my daughter would be happy to help you with your questions. Placement is next week so it is not too late. 

bambiballerina   
bambiballerina

Hi Ebuettgen2, I actually talked to some other girls I know who've been there in the past.  Also emailed the school and they were very helpful, with finding housing as well.  I am very happy here so far, if I think of any other questions, I'll be sure to let you know.