Ballet Talk for Dancers

Lady Elle   
Lady Elle

I've gone over and over the financial aid/scholarship page and cannot find any specifics.  Only that you need to submit a supplemental video link for scholarship consideration by 11/1 for those who audition in fall.  I would love the link to the page with the details !  

sheahuang   
sheahuang

Lady Elle- the requirements for the video are under "apply undergraduate"- a third of the way down "video content guidelines" and submission. These were the scholarship video requirements that are now "mandatory" video for application. If you look in Youtube and search University of Arizona Dance audition or scholarship video there's about 20 videos you can view to get an idea how to construct yours. You can upload yours privately and send the hyperlink. Some have chosen to leave theirs up in public.

Lady Elle   
Lady Elle

Okay, I read that as the actual video audition.  Those who are submitting an audition by video only.  Not a supplemental video.  It seems odd to me that they would ask for all the basics when they've already seen the dancer at the live audition.  Oh well.  I guess we'll put something together then! 

lizzyhults1   
lizzyhults1

We were told that the video was for scholarships and so that if they have any questions about judges scores they can look at the video

Lady Elle   
Lady Elle

Wow, I see that now! Required for ALL auditioners!  I have been looking at youtube clips today which is why I questioned it.  They seemed redundant but now I see that that is what they want so, that's what they'll get!! We'll be doing lots of video recording in the next month! 

sheahuang   
sheahuang

Yes- that is a new thing this year. In the past they would ask for a video for the dancers that were "on the bubble." After DS experienced the audition process last year , it does make sense to help them reference back to the dancer if they had a video as well. There were 135+ dancers in the January audition- barre was broken down into 2 groups but they were all together for center and went in groups of 5. I think my son had #134!

lizzyhults1   
lizzyhults1

Turned her application in late last week and received her acceptance to the college today in the mail. Just sent off her school of dance application (still need to do the video but have until November 1st to send that) Now to get through the dance audition.  

kiwiwdancer   
kiwiwdancer

Congrats to your ,DD lizzyhults1! Good luck on the whole process and at the upcoming audition.

sheahuang   
sheahuang

Exciting lizzyhults1 ! You guys are on the ball getting things done so quickly! Wishing you luck on the rest of the journey.

cmalltheway   
cmalltheway

thanks to my husband, we got DS's application in and secured him a spot in this weekend's audition.  lizzyhultz, we will see you there! Anyone else going this weekend? Just booked flights. now scramble to figure out the rest of details.

sheahuang, any other prep we need to do for audition in ballet, jazz and modern? How big are the auditions?

lizzyhults1   
lizzyhults1

Good luck this weekend! We are headed down for the jazz event the end of the month and she will audition then. :)

cmalltheway   
cmalltheway

lizzyhultz1, bummer on not able to meet you. good luck to your DD!

anyone else going this weekend?

thanks to all of your comments that when we hit the application submission road blocks, we knew to call the school. amazing they already saw his head shot and arabesque and dance resume. Nothing like getting a teenager to write his objective at midnight! ;)

Lady Elle   
Lady Elle

We'll be there this weekend.  If you can, PM me!!

cmalltheway   
cmalltheway

Yeah, LadyElle!!! Just messaged you! Looking forward to meeting you!