Ballet Talk for Dancers
Victoria Leigh

Ballet Talk for Dancers Help Needed!

Victoria Leigh

Dear Members of Ballet Talk for Dancers,

As I'm sure you are aware, this board costs a fair amount of money to sustain every year. We are at that time of the year where it has to be paid for again. It's not a huge amount of money, considering the number of members we have here, but it is well more than any one of us can do alone. We have grown incredibly over the years, and we now have close to 5,000 members worldwide. Not all are active, of course, but if even a portion of our active membership can make a small contribution, the board will easily be paid for another year.

I am asking all of the Parents, Adult Students, and Teachers to please go to the link, below, and donate anything you can to help us raise a few hundred dollars to cover the costs of the board. We do get some help from the Amazon link, but that is still a small portion of what we need. I figure that if all of our most active member just contribute $10, we will be in very good shape and have everything taken care of in a very short time.

The link is http://www.ballettalk.com/bt.htm

They are doing a simultaneous fund raising on the Ballet Talk board, and the money will be combined to cover both boards. FYI, our portion of the board is considerably more expensive than the other board, as we are using a lot more bandwidth.

Our goal is to raise $1,000 for both boards, and we will remove these announcements when we've crossed the goal threshold.

There are two options to donate: through PayPal and via check. If you'd like to donate through PayPal and don't have an account, there is a sign-up option on the payments page. Personal accounts are free and allow you to pay by credit card or checking account. (Checking account takes several days to verify.)

Victoria

danceintheblood

Ballet Talk has given so much to me in the reasonably short time I have been here - I'm happy to be able to give something in return.

I am waiting on receipt of a credit card (my first ever - I'm soooo behind the times) and will then work out how to use pay pal.

Siegelife

More than happy to do this. As a matter of fact.....just did!!!!

Thanks so much for all of the support and advice for this every changing journey into the ballet world.

pal

Consider it done!

Victoria Leigh

Thank you all! :blink::clapping:

dancetaxi

I'm on my way to make my payment now. I can't even imagine how much money this site has already SAVED me! :clapping: (Narrowing down programs to audition for, etc.) What a bargain!

Thanks!

Danceintheblood:You don't need to have a credit card to use Paypal. I signed up with my checking account. It's all very secure and easy. (Not to mention making it easier to fuel that eBay habit...)

Victoria Leigh

Thank you, dancetaxi! :clapping:

chauffeur

Do we make a check out to "Ballet Talk"?

Victoria Leigh

This is from the pay page link. So, I think the check would be to Ballet Talk:

...and if you would prefer not to use Pay Pal, you can send us a check the old-fashioned way:

Ballet Talk

c/o DanceView

P.O. Box 34435

Washington, D.C. 20043

msd

It must be summer -- we celebrate several things right about now...including the ability to find such expertise, support and understanding as we try to "do" ballet. I am always, and continue to be, grateful that Ballet Talk exists...off to PayPal to put my money where my typing is for another year's wisdom, etc! :(

msd

Mel Johnson

We're grateful for your contribution to the fund drive, and even more grateful for your contributions to the discussions here, msd. :(

danceintheblood

Oh, okay dancetaxi. I was just wondering how easy this would be as I would be paying in a foreign currency?

Mel Johnson

Such a deal for "foreign aid"! If you use dollars, ten of them will help us. As of today, US$10 comes to A$12.88. But ten will suffice nicely, thank you! :(

msd
We're grateful for your contribution to the fund drive, and even more grateful for your contributions to the discussions here, msd.  :dry:

:unsure: Awww...or, as Eeyore says, "Thanks for noticing".

Mel Johnson

I told a non-dancing friend about the board, and his first question was, "How much does it pay you?" I answered truthfully, "Not a red cent, in fact, it costs me money from time to time!" That concept was totally beyond his comprehension. It's the same for all moderators and members, we contribute to the board in many ways, and it seldom makes sense to those odd mortals outside the dance world.