Ballet Talk for Dancers
dancindaughters

School of Alberta Ballet

mamabear7

Hi HollyK,

My dd is currently a PG student at SAB in fact she just left yesterday to head back.  Like any program there a good elements and not so good elements overall though we are satisfied with the training she has received and are hopeful for the future.  This is her 3rd year she started at the beginning of grade 12.  Under their instruction she auditioned and attended some impressive SI's.  If you have more specific questions feel free to ask.

HollyK

Mambear7,

Thanks for your response! Does your daughter wish she would have started with SAB earlier? I keep feeling like there is a rush to get her in their program.

mamabear7

HollyK in hindsight she does wish she had gone earlier.  She had been accepted before but felt she wasn't ready emotionally.  Looking back she wishes she had just gone for it because she feels it would have made more of a difference academically and while she has grown technically so much since she started there,  that first year was definitely a steep learning curve. 

Line

My daughter has been considering Alberta Ballet's post secondary program.  I was wondering does Alberta Ballet II still exist?  I can't find any current information.

mamabear7

AB II and the Contemporary Stream were both disbanded at the start of this school year.  There is now just the PG 2 year program and also a teacher training program besides the regular training program.  I can give you more information on that if you need.