Ballet Talk for Dancers
maksimate

Ballet schools in Washington - Olympia

maksimate

I'm an 18 year old male, about to move to Olympia, Washington, for College. I took some ballet in New York for a couple months last year, but haven't kept up with it since. But upono moving to Washington, I'd like to start again!

The only classes I've heard about in Olympia are at Ballet Arts Olympia, and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this school? Also, does anyone know of any other schools nearby?

Thanks!

Mel Johnson

No clue here; Young Dancers, any input?

calamitous

Knock, knock

I am not a student so I have waited on this to see if others came in here first. We were considering moving to Olympia last year so iIdid some looking around for ballet programs for DD in the area. If I remember correctly there were 2. It will take me a little time to dig up the file with the informaton.

One was capital City Ballet and I can't find the other.

Otherwise if I remember correctly you really had to go to Tacoma or a little north of there, which may be prohibitive for a college student.

I also wondered if Dave, who is at PNB would know about the Olympia area.

Dave

Also not a student...

Actually, I grew up in Olympia; I lived there until I was 18 and left for college in Seattle. Unfortunately, at that time I didn't know a pirouette from a plié, so I can't help much. What I WILL try to remember to do is to see where some of our Olympia-area students previously took classes. I'll post any findings here.

Dave

I've found a couple of our Olympia students who attended Ballet Arts Olympia and one who attended Capitol City Ballet School, but I haven't been able to dig up much more info than that. Hope this gives you a starting point, anyway! :D

maksimate

Thanks Dave!

DanceChick5568

I am actually a student at Ballet Arts of Olympia, I love it there. I have been dancing there since the age of five. The teachers there are great and very supportive.

Heres the website:

http://www.balletartsolympia.com/