Ballet Talk for Dancers
tsavoie

Tisch School of the Arts at New York University

Rbsdancemom

Wow! That’s a drastic cut. Congrats on her making it to solo. I was told we’ll hear on or near April 1st. That should be the last school we hear from. Such a stressful time for them (and us :-/)

tutumama

@donna7662 Thanks for the update. Agree that is some cut! This is the last program that my daughter is waiting to hear from. Realistically, it is such a long shot. Luckily, she knows that and has a school/program that she loves.  Good luck to everyone!

donna7662

This is the last one my daughter is waiting to hear from as well... She also applied to Columbia, but there's no audition required. It's a long shot still, because so many people apply to the university and they only take 6% of applicants!! Crazy!! She applied just wanting to be in NY and of course it's a beautiful campus, highly ranked academically, etc., but it's not a total fit dance-wise. 

cclw

Does anyone know anything about the dance minor at Tisch? We're way ahead of ourselves in thinking about college already, but we are thinking about it. I assume that no audition is required to minor in dance. Is that right? Is it hard for a non-major to get into the classes--I mean, do they pre-fill with dance majors or Tisch students from other arts disciplines?  Are students who apply for "cross-school minors" routinely accepted and routinely able to fulfill the requirements?

lakemom

Because the minor is not offered through the Department of Dance, there is no audition to declare a minor.   The dance minor is offered through their 'special programs'.  

cclw

Thanks so much, lakemom. Do you know any more about it than that?

lakemom

I'm sorry, I don't.  It was not a college we continued to pursue.  Best of luck!