Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest dancerlover

Dancegear buying habit?

Guest dancerlover

Does anyone have issues of buying lots of dance supplies e.g. pointe shoes, ballet slippers or leotards more than what you need?

Fred

YES ME :P:P:P

I think I've got more leo's and tights that I will ever use :dry:

Like spending money on ballet stuff, can't help myself if I see something nice a buy it even though I may not use in in class.

Just Love ballet / dance stuff.

Freddie :blushing:

Guest pink tights

I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to dance stuff!

jphoenix

I love looking at new dance things, but tend not to buy huge amounts because here in Canada dancewear is rediculously expensive. Places like Discount Dance Supply are great and will ship to Canada but the duty that is added makes it barely worth while. Sometimes I will order when I see things really cheap. If anyone knows of any cheap places in Canada I would love to know.

Garyecht

Over the years I find I spend less and less on dance gear. Now, I don’t buy anything unless I absolutely, positively must. And then only buy it a month later. Didn’t do that originally. But then I’m also a guy.

ruby

I'm like Garyecht - bought lots at first, but now grasp that none of these things will make much difference to my dancing and only acquire more when necessary (and often later than that)! But we have a strict dress code, and there's only so much fun you can have buying more and more black things and putting them together. And it's not cheap here either, so that probably slows me down!

Dance_Scholar_London
Over the years I find I spend less and less on dance gear. Now, I don’t buy anything unless I absolutely, positively must. And then only buy it a month later. Didn’t do that originally. But then I’m also a guy.

I can absolutely relate to that. Maybe it is also the fact, the dance wear for men is rather limited.

dianec

pink tights,

You shouldn't think you're too old for a halter leo - i'm 40something too and wear one! On the other hand, I think I'm too old for pink tights now and will definitely stick to black on the lower half.....But I still seem to need to buy plenty of black items, especially when the old ones turn greenish and baggy through frequent washing.

Laschwen

[ I would love a nice halter leo but at 40-something, I fear I am too old...and I love the "Class In Dance Shop" website...

Pink Tights my friend:

What are you kidding about the halters when you are over 40?

It is the only way to go when you start having private summers.......

But then we are all having a nice sweat anyway so go for it.

Personally I am a shoe addict. Even if I hadn't been unhappy with the fit, or seeming to grow out of of three or 4 pair of ballet slippers this year, I may have just wanted to try some different ones anyway.

Laschwen

Guest pink tights

Well, I guess I should start shopping

Toadette

I don't buy much. It's so expensive and I get way too hot when I'm dancing to wear anything other than the minimum leotard and tights. Anyway, I'm too plump to look nice in the trendier leotards. It doesn't have anything to do with age though. Our more advanced students are mostly in their 30's and 40's and some of them are gorgeous, and look great in all the different kinds of leotards.

Guest dancerlover

Pink Thights,

I am new to A Class in Dance Shop website- but after reviewing it I found the designs interesting however material choice OUT for me!! I have eczema and generally can't tolerate anything however the materials and designs used are easily available as per dancers wishers in my country at affordable prices. How much do you pay for leos in general? I do not see why you can't wear halters as well. They are good however this time round I am having my worst eczema flare so all sleeveless gets locked in closet ! :P

TO ALL MEN DANCERs

There are ways of varying your dance collection- most of you just stick to simple black or white however there are many ways of making it colorful but doubt many men actually dare doing it!!

I do agree that none of these purchases makes difference to dancing but just love buying them all :P Shop-pa-ho-lic!

Blanche

I keep buying pointe shoes that I decide I hate too late to send them back. I've donated at least three or four pairs this past year to company members...And in the past month I've kept a rotating account with Discount Dance as I keep sending back my rejected shoes (pointe and slippers) and ordering others. I don't know if I'm just overly picky right now or what! :P

Fred

I also got a cuoboard full of pointes :P:P:P Here in South Africa they are quite exspencive so when I discovered dancechoice.com I bought a hole bunch from them. I think I also got more tights that I will ever use in my lifetime, always make sure I;ve got enough and always trying diffarnt brands. :D

Freddie :)

Guest sally-mandy

I do not shop for dance wear. It took me a while to settle into a few outfits that I feel comfortable in, and to get shoes I like, but it's been months since I bought something. Classes use up my extra money.