Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest dancerlover

Dancegear buying habit?

Guest balletguy33

i know something is wrong with me because when ever i am away for work, i look to find the local dance shops in the area. :rolleyes:

Laschwen

[

I just got two new leo's in the mail. One is too small and the other gets on but looks hideous. It actually looks like it does not fit.

I am on the hunt and thinking I'll try Ballera.....Their size chart looks rather friendly.

Laschwen

Guest balletguy33
[

I just got two new leo's in the mail. One is too small and the other gets on but looks hideous. It actually looks like it does not fit.

I am on the hunt and thinking I'll try Ballera.....Their size chart looks rather friendly.

Laschwen

Do you have any ballet shops near your house?

Marjolein

Since I just started dancing again (everything HURTS!!!), I found this the perfect excuse to buy some new dance wear. I found a German website with some really cheap dancewear, so I'm tempted to buy 2 new leotard, a skirt and shorts. Does anyone have the princess seam cami leotard from Capezio or the sissonne leotard from Bloch? I would like to know how these fit. I have a short torso and am very hour-glass shaped (there's a 12 inch difference between my waist and hips)

Guest tutuonmymind

Thanks, nextstage. I will have to check into that. I will also try to check out the other threads.

Laschwen

Balletguy

I do have 2 dance shops (near being 20-25 miles) to go to. I do haunt them regularly. They don't carry much in my size range though. I am an XL and Tall. I have to catch things in there at just the right time or do mail order. If you order at the store, the item is yours whether it fits or not since they can't send it back.

Sadly I was checking a page of size charts and found my exact measurements on one for Allen wear. It took a while to figure it out but it seems that chart was for mens dancewear. The only stuff I found in that catalog in that brand was for men anyway....Very upsetting. I once had that hourglass thing going on but my waistline is no more....

Back to class to work on all that...

Laschwen

Guest balletguy33
Balletguy

I do have 2 dance shops (near being 20-25 miles) to go to. I do haunt them regularly. They don't carry much in my size range though. I am an XL and Tall. I have to catch things in there at just the right time or do mail order. If you order at the store, the item is yours whether it fits or not since they can't send it back.

Sadly I was checking a page of size charts and found my exact measurements on one for Allen wear. It took a while to figure it out but it seems that chart was for mens dancewear. The only stuff I found in that catalog in that brand was for men anyway....Very upsetting. I once had that hourglass thing going on but my waistline is no more....

Back to class to work on all that...

Laschwen

Oh ok, I understand,I am an XL myself. Sorry about that stupid catalog for just men stuff if I see anything up my way i will be sure to let you know.

shulie
Since I just started dancing again (everything HURTS!!!), I found this the perfect excuse to buy some new dance wear. I found a German website with some really cheap dancewear, so I'm tempted to buy 2 new leotard, a skirt and shorts.

Can you give me the address of the site? Cheap dancewear???!! Cool!! B)

Laschwen

Oh ok, I understand,I am an XL myself. Sorry about that stupid catalog for just men stuff if I see anything up my way i will be sure to let you know.

Thanks. I might just call that catalog and suggest they label the size charts.....That one was such a tease.

Laschwen

Guest balletguy33

Thanks. I might just call that catalog and suggest they label the size charts.....That one was such a tease.

Laschwen

Good Idea ! :thumbsup:

Marjolein

the website is http://www.tanz-bedarf.de

It has lots of leotards between 15 and 25 euros and lots of cheap warm-ups and skirts. Too bad shipping is expensive to Belgium, but even with the shipping it's still much cheaper than buying stuff in stores.

shulie

Haha so funny! The owner of that site (who is a very nice person) used to be sponsoring the German ballet board I am a mod at. :party: LOL

Small world!

And I agree- their pricing is excellent!

Laschwen

I had to do mid-week laundry last night so I can go back to class today. I nearly forgot to hang the things up to dry too. I think it is time to order/try one of those Balera leos. At least a phone consult with someone from that catalog I found them in.

Otherwise it is back to the bathing suit dept. for me. I have one of those that works for Ballet.... The sizing is at least way more specific. The suitable styles are just a trick to find.

I sure hope the 4 days/week session gets extended trhough June so my excuse for buying more stuff is really worthwhile.

Laschwen

Guest balletguy33
I had to do mid-week laundry last night so I can go back to class today. I nearly forgot to hang the things up to dry too. I think it is time to order/try one of those Balera leos. At least a phone consult with someone from that catalog I found them in.

Otherwise it is back to the bathing suit dept. for me. I have one of those that works for Ballet.... The sizing is at least way more specific. The suitable styles are just a trick to find.

I sure hope the 4 days/week session gets extended trhough June so my excuse for buying more stuff is really worthwhile.

Laschwen

wow sound busy good luck :wacko:

anb717

Marjolein, I have the princess seam cami from Capezio and I really like the fit of it. I'm a short-torsoed dancer and I've had teachers, costumers, and my own mother (who would of course never lie to me about how I look :unsure:) tell me they make me look longer and leaner.

I personally swear by Bloch leotards and I think the one you mentioned is the only one by them I don't own!