Ballet Talk for Dancers

cmalltheway

GULP! So tough!

From our visit, they said currently there are 120+ students minor in dance!

We do like their cohort model to encourage students to grow together in the 4 years ahead. However with that, it really makes its acceptance process a huge guessing game as they select "unique" "academically prepared" "multifaceded" "intellectually curious" students to create a "vibrant community of ambassadors for dance"!  

Lady Elle

Have any of you heard back yet? Their instagram post says January audition is filling up!

lizzyhults1

No!!! I don't see this post. when was it posted?

Lady Elle

Oh, that's interesting!  They took it down.  😬.  I commented something like "i guess all the invitations have gone out" and now it's no longer there!  Maybe they mis-posted.

lizzyhults1

Hmmm they had us put them in order of desired dates. 

lizzyhults1

I thought it said by the 15th but now it says late December. Not sure if it will be pushed back due to them having to extend the deadline. The longer it is the harder and more expensive flights will be. 

Lady Elle

Oh my goodness friends!  It was NOT USC.  I am too amped up about all this college stuff.  Really need to NOT do any social media until my contacts are in.  Sorry. 

dancingSJ

Lady Elle:  no problem at all - know that we are all in same shoes!!! 

cmalltheway

Thanks to lizzyhults1 for mentioning the notification date change. Earlier USC post dated November 6, 2017 said notify by mid December. However, the current admission process mentions notification by late December. Fun, fun, fun! :rolleyes:

dancingSJ

I am sorry to ask but was there another email about the notification being by late December?

We made the mistake of not creating a separate email just for the school stuff - an email separate from her on-line shopping emails - and so the last few weeks I have the joy of sifting through my DD's Victoria Secret and Sephora emails to find the college related important emails!! LOL  

I don't seem to see that there was an additional email from Kaufman.

The waiting is fun but my DD got an acceptance this week from her non-dance college and so I feel it takes a little of the pressure off the wait.

lizzyhults1

No i have not seen a separate email. I looked online and it now says they will be notified late December. 

cmalltheway

There was one email that came out after application went in titled “Submitted your application? Find out what’s next!” but nothing since. With DS’s permission, my DH monitors his email account. 

Lady Elle

Haha!  I don't get any of my daughters stuff.  She happened to leave her account open on my computer last week and I saw the "what next" email from Kaufman.  I assume she's on top of it!  Maybe I should be checking in with her more often.

cmalltheway

We got the invitation email! It was time stamped yesterday afternoon, 12/14/17 3:42pm but no one saw it until after kids left for school. In Anne’s email it mentioned her out of town from 12/20 on, I’m assuming all the invitations would be out before she leaves. Praying for everyone to get their invites soon! :wub:

lizzyhults1

We got the email but not invited. She seems ok. She has been accepted and invited for several other amazing programs