Ballet Talk for Dancers
Taradriver

Archived College Congrats 2007-2017

marzipan

Thanks Momof3darlings!

balletbooster

I've split off the posts concerning college deferment to a new thread, so that it will be easily searchable for others who find themselves in a similar predicament: http://dancers.invisionzone.com/index.php?...topic=35805&hl=.

Now, back to the original intent of this thread, congrats to Karen's lovely daughter on her generous dance and academic scholarships to SMU and for making a difficult decision among some great choices! :P:clapping: :clapping:

americanlostinUK

I just decided on sunday (bit late, but i had some thinking to do) that i'm going to go to dickinson college and attend CPYB fulltime. it will be busy but i'm excited!

AmaG520

I have had my decision for a while, and have decided to attend Butler for the fall of 2007. They seem to have a great program, and the scholarships they offered will help with the tuition (though it being a private university, it will still be a bit difficult).

The campus also seems beautiful.

sparkles

I'm off to Bloomington to start Indiana's ballet progam this fall! :thumbsup:

happyfeet24

Congratulations Sparkles, that is wonderful!!!!

jm278

Yeh, Sparkles!!! So happy for you. She is too humble to mention the wonderful scholarship she was awarded...which is just one of the many qualities that makes her so special!! :ninja:

Momof3darlings

Congratulations sparkle!

mygurl

My DD is off to Mercyhurst College this fall. She auditioned at Point Park, and U. of Hartford, the Hartt Conservatory, and she was accepted at those institutions also. She received both academic and dance scholarships, so that was a big factor in her decision. Best of luck to all that have finally made it through this year of big decisions.

dance1soccer1

Oh, Mercyhurst is lovely. It was definitely top of DD's list. Congrats!

La_Bailarina

I'll be attending Goucher College in the Fall. I wasn't accepted into Butler, my first choice, but Goucher was a very close second. I've been very impressed with what I've seen and heard about their dance program and plan on being a Dance and Bio double major with concentrations in Dance Performance (the dance major) and Dance Science (the bio major). This is of course all assuming that I will be able to dance in the fall- there is a chance that I will be having hip surgery #2 this summer.

Taradriver

Congrats to you, La Bailerina! :) And here's hoping you won't need that surgery! :clover:

With so many of the college dance programs being represented on this thread, it would be so nice if the BT college students can check in once in a while to let us all know how you are doing and how you like your school. I know y'all will be busy but if you get a minute, please DO post under your college's thread.

What an impressive list so far! Take a bow! Standing ovation! :dry::clapping::clapping::clapping:

dostroski

After years of battle over college vs. pursuing company opportunities, my daughter finally agreed her education is just as important, overall. She will be a Dance major, with plans to pursue a performance concentration, at Mercyhurst this Fall. It's so nice to finally have decision to start making real plans. The college decision is huge, considering what I believe, there are few strong ballet college programs with modern and other dance forms of support. The smaller program at Mercyhurst is an attraction for my daughter. She prefers the smaller programs, for more individual attention. Please feel free to share about experiences with Mercyhurst Dance. I am impressed by the overall program. Thank you :)

balletgirl22sk

My middle dd has been a freshman at Mercyhurst this year and has been very happy. Lots of personal attention- she has always seemed to need that. They have their spring performances this weekend- doing Coppelia. She never calls or writes much, but this has been a good place for her as much as she will tell me!

dostroski

Thank you for sharing positive information about Mercyhurst. I think it's a good sign when the college student is so involved and happy. When my first daughter enjoyed the independence of being without my daily management of her life, she hardly called home during her freshman year and I felt bad. By the second year she started missing the family life, and welomed my input about alot. Now, she is graduating, and has matured to the point of being my best friend and calls me at least once daily. Are you going to Coppelia? My daughter & I are excited about seeing all of the students perform tomorrow. What role does she dance?