Ballet Talk for Dancers
Taradriver

Archived College Congrats 2007-2017

dancemaven

Just a gentle reminder: In order to keep this thread on track, please take conversations about particular college's merits, current performances, etc. to that college's individual thread.

This thread needs to remain focused on college decisions for 2007. Thanks! :)

dostroski
Just a gentle reminder: In order to keep this thread on track, please take conversations about particular college's merits, current performances, etc. to that college's individual thread.

This thread needs to remain focused on college decisions for 2007. Thanks! :)

Sorry... I am inexperienced at using ballettalk, and didn't find the individual college's thread until after I posted here. I will be careful. Thanks for your help :)

dancemaven

Not a problem, dostroski. :) You'll get the hang of it very quickly!

ABTgirl14

I will also be attending Butler this fall as a dance performance major and biology minor!! Congratulations to everyone else as well!!

Pasdedeux

Wanting to combine high level academic and research opportunities with her passion for ballet, my dd has chosen Stanford University. From our visit, she feels she will get high level classes on a daily basis as well as performance opportunity. This will allow her to pursue a dance minor while getting an engineering or science degree. A recent company audition really confirmed for her that this plan was the right choice and she is very excited for Fall!

DanceAngel

My daughter will be attending Butler in the Fall. She is very excited especially since her roommate will be the roommate she had at the Bosten SI 3 years ago.

Ballet Talk has been an invaluable tool and I am grateful to have the opportunity to access this wealth of knowledge. Keep up the good work!

Balletgirl19892003

I don't know if I should be responding to this post since I'm not going to a "ballet college" and this is board geared towards ballet. But next year I will be attending Fordham/Ailey in NYC as a dance major!!!!! Congratulations to everyone else on getting into such wonderful schools.

mirabray

balletgirl19892003 It is related, because it takes years of ballet to get into this program and your ballet pay off.

balletbooster

My daughter is just finishing up a year as a company trainee and due to her company commitments was unable to do any company auditions this spring. She applied to no colleges, as her mind was set to continue dancing. The resignation, at the end of this season, of her much-loved company AD prompted her to decide to not continue dancing at her current company next year. Her SI video yielded good results, including several summer scholarship offers and three calls from companies showing interest in her for 2nd company slots. She was all set to accept one of them and hoped to be asked to stay for the fall when she received a generous university dance scholarship out of the blue! :o (She had gone to Senior Day last October with her cousin who is going to be a freshman nursing student there this year and had taken ballet class and done a short solo for the faculty, but she had not even applied to the school.)

So due to this offer, college became a real consideration for her and she has decided to attend Kansas University next year on a dance scholarship. :lol: While we had never thought of KU and dance, they have a very good program, with equal emphasis in ballet, jazz and modern. The dance chair, Jerel Hilding, and his wife (also on faculty) are former Joffrey principals of 12 and 15 years respectively. She will have daily ballet classes and a very exciting performance schedule of classical and contemporary ballet works is planned for next year. She is really looking forward to attending college with her peers and still plans on continuing with her pro career plans in a few years. :shhh: Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

dance1soccer1

Balletbooster - that's fantastic news! Hope that next year my DD will come to a similar decision. College is so important, and sooooo much fun as well. We have heard of KU's dance program even here in the sticks. She will continue to learn and progress towards her professional dance dreams as well as beginning a wonderful academic journey. You should be so proud. Big hugs to you both!

Spiritfire

Whoa, this is so cool! Congrats to all!!!

You are an inspiration to our family as we try to guide DS during last 2 years of high school.

By the way, ballet is a small world after all...

This weekend we attended our non-dd's graduation from Mercyhurst College. Our DS had done the Russian Pointe competition in the Fall and was offered a Mercyhurst dance schlarshihp, which we had to decline as he is in 10th grade :shhh:

Anyway, our daughter introduced us to her friend who was graduating as a dance major. Not only did she recognize our son's name, but was an RA at SAB last summer and knew kids from our dance school. as well.

It made me feel that our kids will have family no matter where they go.

Thank you all for sharing your DK's journeys with the BT4D family.

Renata

Congrats to balletbooster's daughter!!! And congrats to all of the other college bound students....this is an impressive list of schools! :thumbsup:

Momof3darlings

Yes, congratulations to Balletbooster and her lovely DD!

swanchat

Congratulations balletbooster!

Please keep us all posted on your dd's life as a jayhawk!

dbleon

Balletbooster, how wonderful for your Dd and YOU!!! How impressive to receive a scholarship when not even being an applicant...I wish her many years of happy dancing and educational experiences!! Job well done mom!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::P