Ballet Talk for Dancers
Fraildove

Ballet Schools in Pennsylvania - Philadelphia

Dance mom of K and J

Thank you so much for this information, this has been a long ongoing search for us. I have an email into them now for more information.

Clpretzel

Are there any schools in South Jersey worth considering? I would love to stay on the NJ side of the bridge.

DancingUnderTheLights

Does anyone know anything about Ballet Guild of the Lehigh Valley? I live around an hour away and the school seems to be reputable. Does anyone know of any other good schools in the area?

tiny-dancer

Does anyone know anything about CPYB? Is this a good program? The fact that no audition is required, makes me wonder. Has anyone attended or know anyone who has?

dancemaven

Tiny-dancer, we have a dedicated thread for CYPB with lots of information, including first-hand experiences shared: http://dancers.invisionzone.com/index.php?s=d74b081131a9a059906e6acbbe9b56b9&showtopic=20046

Please feel free to ask any unanswered questions on the dedicated thread. :)

Welcome to BT4D!! Do stop by the Welcome Forum and introduce yourself and tell us a little about your dancer.

pasdedeuxmama

DancingUnderTheLights, I'm so sorry that I didn't see your question earlier. Ballet Guild of the Lehigh Valley is an excellent program. Repertory Dance Theater is another great program in the area.

dancingmama

Sorry to be reviving this old thread but am looking for updated information around this area.  We are looking at a possible move to PA next summer.  Thx

Amie

Dancingmama, you may need to specify which part of PA you are moving to:  Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Erie, Harrisburg, or even northwest, southeast, central, etc. 

dancingmama

Amie, thank you. I'm not sure how I missed giving that important piece of info.  LOL. Philadelphia.  

TISAHE

Good, ballet specific schools. Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet in Narberth is a Vagonava school, great faculty, small class sizes,, west of Phila. Around Philadelphia is also Metropolitan Ballet in Jenkintown. The Rock School and School of PA Ballet are both in Philadelphia, larger schools and class sizes.