Ballet Talk for Dancers
nikki94

Ballet Academy East

NYCMOM

Most BAE students go to regular school.  Some, as they progress to the higher levels and if they are serious about ballet, go to Professional Children's School or take online high school classes.  A few are home-schooled.  My DD, who graduated from BAE, stayed in regular high school for freshman year and then transferred to PCS.  They do not automatically get into performing arts schools due to their BAE affiliation.  

NYCMOM

DanceMumNYC - I initially missed your first post.  Level 2 students perform in the final Spring Performance but not in the Winter Showcase, which is for levels 4 and up.  I also see that you mentioned something about tap and modern.  Keep in mind that BAE is completely ballet-focused.  They may still have 1-2 modern classes per week in the schedule for the more advanced students, but it definitely is not the focus of the school.  Fabulous ballet training though.

DanceMumNYC

Thanks NYCMOM!! My DD has taken a few classes at BAE. I love it there! 

You mentioned PCS, online classes, and home schooling. Is it possible to be enrolled in a traditional school and simultaneously take some online classes, or are the online classes only an option for home schooling?

ballet1310

I'm not sure about lower levels but the advanced levels 7-10, are probably split around 40% online school and 60% regular school - their hours make regular school possible , it just depends on your commuting situation . BAE is indeed a special place , the training is amazing and it is a very close knit atmosphere .

DanceMumNYC

Thanks, ballet1310. I agree that it is a great school & they have a nice schedule for older dancers. 

CVan

Does anyone have experience with their child residing at 92Y while they attend BAE?

dancedanceJune

We are looking for the year round program for next year for our DD who's Junior to be.  I would like to know about 92Y experience if anyone is staying.  I assume there's no counselor for BAE students?   Students have to take care of themselves including academics? Thanks in advance.