Ballet Talk for Dancers
nikki94

Ballet Academy East

JoeyBaby

Our experience having my DS audition here was obnoxious, from the cold desk staff to the parents who were so snobby and rude, to the rejection email that we received was completely classless. Let me add the caveat that my DS has had his fair share of rejection letters from better schools so it's not something he is not used to. I'd say find a school where they treat people like they are human and deserving of respect. 

CVan

I'm reading elsewhere that BAE students are required (or at least strongly encouraged) to go to CPYB for their Summer Intensive.  Anyone know if this is true?

labrador

We saw a good number of kids from BAE during the summers that DD spent at CPYB. Darla strongly recommend it.

CVan

Thanks, labrador.

NYCMOM

My daughter graduated from BAE's pre-pro program, and yes, the younger students are strongly encouraged to attend CPYB.  As they get older, though, they typically attend company based SI's.  My daughter went to CPYB for 4 summers (either ages 11-14 or 12-15), and then moved on to other programs.

CVan

Thanks, NYCMOM.  Did your daughter have a good experience at BAE?

NYCMOM

CVan - She absolutely did.  I truly cannot say enough positive things about BAE, both in terms of the training and the nurturing atmosphere.  If you read back through this thread you'll see that I have posted several times in response to inquiries about the program.  If there are other questions that I might be able to answer, I'm happy to try, with the caveat that my daughter graduated four years ago, so my information may not be 100% current. 

CVan

NYCMOM I'm so glad to hear your daughter had a great experience; it sounds like she is doing well!  My daughter is auditioning next week and is very excited about it.  From all of our research, and what we are hearing from former students and parents, it sounds like the perfect place for her.  Fingers crossed.

NYCMOM

CVan - Best of luck to her!  

CVan

Thank you!

CVan

Got the result today.  :(  Oh well.  On to the next.

NYCMOM

Oh, CVan, I'm sorry to hear that BAE did not work out.  As you say, on the next.  I'm sure your daughter will find a studio that is the right fit for her.  Good luck!

CVan

Thank you.  It was very disappointing, but she has already started working on a plan for more auditions.  Ah, to be young and resilient!

Elf Font

CVan, sorry for the disappointing news for your daughter. In terms of the timing, the fortunate thing is that you may have the opportunity to see the spring performances of the other schools in which she may be interested. I found that seeing the school performances was very helpful in terms of actually seeing the results of the training. 

CVan

Thanks, Elf Font.  That's a very good idea!