Ballet Talk for Dancers
Kathleen Sinclair

RDA/Southwest Festival 2009 in Sugarland, TX

Kathleen Sinclair

I welcome all RDA/SW dancers, directors and parents to start a discussion on the upcoming RDA/SW Festival 2009 in Sugarland, TX March 20-22.

Jewels_08

We are very excited to be attending. DD will be dancing in two pieces!

firebirdenpointe

Hey Jewels_08,

Wow! Congratulations to your DD for getting to dance in two pieces. That's exciting and she should have have a great time!! I attended the RDA Southwest Festival last year and it was wonderful. I'm sure this year will be great too, and I'm looking forward to it so much.

Kathleen Sinclair

To all RDA/SW members:

Your festival is coming up quickly. Anyone out there interested in starting a discussion on what we might be seeing from your company next month?

firebirdenpointe

I think we should definetly start a discussion on our pieces! I would love to hear a little bit about all of them before I actually see them at festival. The company I am with will have two pieces. The first one, is in the emerging choreographers catogary. It's a modern piece titled Say. It's very upbeat and entertaining, and I love to watch it. The other piece will either be on Saturday night or gala night (we haven't heard). It's a very romantic classical piece with gorgeous costumes called Brahms. I'm very excited to have a classical piece. There really weren't many classical ones last year, but I enjoyed the few very much. I think the audience will like Brahms alot. What's everyone else's company going to be doing?? I can't wait to hear!

Magdalena

I'm going to Festival but I won't be performing. Everyone at my school is really excited because the piece our company is doing got selected for the Gala.

Kathleen Sinclair

Congratulations Magdalena! :thumbsup:

Having a company ballet selected for the Gala performance is a great honor. It takes the effort of all involved in your company (not only the dancers in the ballet) to be award the gala credit.

Good luck and have fun at festival!

Magdalena
The other piece will either be on Saturday night or gala night (we haven't heard). It's a very romantic classical piece with gorgeous costumes called Brahms. I'm very excited to have a classical piece. There really weren't many classical ones last year, but I enjoyed the few very much. I think the audience will like Brahms alot.

Oh, I remember seeing that one; I really liked it. It came right after my company's peice, except the intermission was in between.

Jewels_08

DD had a great time at festival!!

Magdalena I see you are from Arkansas, DD shared a dressing room with some folks from Arkansas and roomed on the same floor. She said y'all were really great! I remember hearing something about a beautiful piece with costumes that were gorgeous that included a peacock feather.

drivingmissdaisy

Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for sharing!

Magdalena

[quote name='Jewels_08' date='Mar 24 2009, 02:47 PM' post='403825'

Magdalena I see you are from Arkansas, DD shared a dressing room with some folks from Arkansas and roomed on the same floor. She said y'all were really great! I remember hearing something about a beautiful piece with costumes that were gorgeous that included a peacock feather.

Yup, that was the piece.

Jewels_08

Fantastic photos trythis! Thank you for sharing!!