Ballet Talk for Dancers
firebirdenpointe

Festival in Montreal

Mobadt   
Mobadt

Ah, that's great information. Thank you Ms. Sinclair!

trythis   
trythis

Merde to everyone going to RDA in Montreal! Have a wonderful time! I wish I was going.

SCB   
SCB

DD just about to touch down at the airport - Merde, everyone!!

Temps de cuisse   
Temps de cuisse

In Montreal....what a beautiful city!!!! The dancing begins tomorrow.......

marigold   
marigold

Have a wonderful trip to a beautiful city, all you RDA Montreal dancers!

Mobadt   
Mobadt

Yes merde to everyone! I'm so sad I'm not a chaperone for the first time in 5 years I think. Wow. I'm sure everyone is having a great time. If anyone has any info who is there, please do post it here!

djeowmom   
djeowmom

Our dancers arrived in Montreal 12:30/1:00 AM today. I am told by a chaperone that after a full schedule of classes, they were resting, swimming, and looking forward to tonight's performances ... they are happy and having fun. Haven't heard from DD yet, and really ... am I expecting it? They will perform Friday night.

Mobadt   
Mobadt

Haven't heard from DD yet, and really ... am I expecting it? They will perform Friday night.

That made me smile djeowmom! I wasn't expecting to hear from my DD either, but she texted me late last night. She said the first day was tiring but good. They performed last night and she said it went very well and they got lots of compliments. She also had a class taught by cirque de soleil which she said was a lot of fun! She said she's seen lots of friends from other schools and was looking for more. So far, she's having a good time.

mom2   
mom2

Not involved with RDA, but I do love Montreal. M***e to all the dancers. I'm sure they will enjoy!

djeowmom   
djeowmom

Just picked this up on YouTube. Looks like a lot of fun going on in Montreal!

redrose   
redrose

Thank you for posting the link! It looks like the kids are having a great time. All I have received from my daughter are texts, and I can feel her smiling through them. Thank you to everyone at RDA and in Montreal who are making this such a special experience for the dancers!

Temps de cuisse   
Temps de cuisse

Back from Montreal.....have a busy week! Exhausted but it was a great experience for all dancers, directors and of course ballet moms and dads! I have never walked so much in my entire life....must have lost at least 5 pounds... :clapping:

Performances were long but it was eye opening to the differences in level and artistry among RDA companies. My favorite pieces..."Receptivity" choreographed by Kassandra Taylor and danced by Roswell Dance Company. I admired the technical level from the top dancer to bottom of "Tarantella" by the Ballet Ensemble of Texas. :"Vicissitude: choreographed by Joseph Jefferies was an artistic gem...quietly complex and beautifully danced by Ballet Yuma.

Esteegee   
Esteegee

DD just returned from RDA Montreal CA and had such wonderful things to say about her experiences there! This is her 4th RDA that she has attended, and performed in 3 of those. Nothing beats performing in front of your peers! She said her classes and the performances were truly top notch. She especially loved the last day with her modern class and instructor, they also performed that evening and then the gala banquet to top off a busy but rewarding day! Kudos to all the staff, instructors, volunteers, etc. who worked so hard to make this a remarkable memory for everyone! Anyone who has hosted their region RDA can truly understand the manpower it took to pull this off exceptionally! Job well done and thank you!

Mobadt   
Mobadt

DD is back of course from Montreal as well. She reports it was a great festival! She had a wonderful time and got a lot out of it.

The classes were great, and yes...there was A LOT of walking! All in all it turned out to be a great place and I know all of our girls had a great time. So yes, kudos to RDA for putting together that massive affair all week in another country! :flowers:

vivaballet   
vivaballet

DD loved taking classes with the Cirque De Soleil teachers and other master teachers. DD even spoke with the Cirque recruiter. The recruiter told her that at one point they were developing a show that had 50 ballet dancers in it... has been tabled for now apparently... but good to know about other opportunities for dancers. There is alway Circus school as an option :dizzy:

I agree some very nice pieces, I particularly enjoyed the emerging piece "Terrible Beauty" from Reperatory Ballet Ensemble (Utah) as well as the other contemporary selections like Lost in Meditation- Long Beach Ballet and VOIX from Metropolitan Ballet Theatre. My favorite "cute" piece was "Wave" from Corpus Christi... just a fun theatrical piece that made me giggle.