Ballet Talk for Dancers
MikeENB

Mirella M607 tights problems

MikeENB

I have purchased six pairs of Mirella M607 tights over a period of about five years. They all fell apart at the seams, usually the first time I put them on. This is a real shame because they are comfortable and fit very well.

The first pair were purchased directly from Mirella. I emailed them about the problem but received no reply - shame on you. I waited a while and saw from others posts that the 'seams' issue appeared to be fixed, ordered three pairs from tutu.com but no they fell apart too. tutu.com are very pleasant and helpful but having to pay shipping back and forth across the the pond is not amusing. Waited again and saw that you can now buy M607s in the UK. Bought two pairs a few months ago and yet again holes appeared straight away. I can see that the seams are so insubstantial that the problem is bound to happen.

Have now moved on to Yumiko Felipe tights - very well made but expensive. I know several other dancers who have had the same issue with M607s. I just hope Mirella see this post and rectify the problem because they have an excellent product if they can just fix the 'seams' failing.

Sorry about the rant. Feel better for getting it off my chest. Anyone else had the same problems?

Best regards,

Mike.

Edited by MikeENB

Crispino Ramos
Have now moved on to Yumiko Felipe tights - very well made but expensive.

Best regards,

Mike.

Where can I buy a pair of Yumiko Felipe tights? I live in Arizona, USA.

MikeENB
Have now moved on to Yumiko Felipe tights - very well made but expensive.

Best regards,

Mike.

Where can I buy a pair of Yumiko Felipe tights? I live in Arizona, USA.

You can buy them online: http://store.yumiko-online.com/felipe-en.html

I think their size chart is inaccurate. I'm 5' 10 1/2" so originally bought large tights, but these were too big and I now have the medium size.

Edited by MikeENB

makuru

I've had the same problems with the M607 Mirella tights. When I first got them, I thought, great! Finally a gray pair that looks and fits well. Like all of you, I was disappointed. I think I got 2 classes wear out of them and the seams went. Question: I like gray tights. They used to be made by everyone. Now, it seems the only option I have is to order an MStevens pair and dye them (an iffy proposition for me). I checked the website for the place in NY that makes dancewear. Guess what--every color you can imagine, but no light or medium gray. The only gray they have look like a deep gray that almost looks black. Any ideas as to were to find a medium gray (like the Mirella brand) pair of men's tights? I greatly appreciate your help!

olddude

I recently used Jacquard gray acid dye on M. Stevens white dance shirts. I do this when the white begins to get dingy. The gray dye is economical and comes out extremely well, and the shirts seem not damaged at all by one cycle on the "hot" setting - I have some I dyed 2 or 3 years ago (another color) and they are still going strong.

Google "dye nylon spandex" to get the pburch.net FAQ, which was my reference for how to do it. It's not hard.

makuru

I just spoke with a representative of tutu.com re Mirella 607 tights. They received many complaints and returns. They contacted Mirella and was told that they (Mirella) knew of the problem and was going to fix it. Mirella told them that they were going to do double stitching to avoid earlier problems. Tutu.com said they expect the new (with problems fixed) batch to arrive in a month. Tutu.com also said they want to provide quality items. So, wait a month and see if the problems have indeed been fixed. FYI. PS: Tutu.com has started manufacturing their own line. Hopefully they will produce something for us!

olddude

makuru, that's great news. Claudia is a class act!

zx12richard

Still haven't got any issues with the Mirella tights. Don't know if I have the M607, but wouldn't want to miss mines in the world. Love them. Think I will order grey ones too, with Grishko grey ballet shoes (dyed)

zx12richard

Arggggggggg I have the lose stitches as well. Only have them for 1 or 2 months and wear them once a week. This is really crap, I will talk to tutu.com and mirella for fixing this problem. Cause this shouldn't be happening on that short time.

zx12richard

Changed my Mirella tights now for some MStevens. They fit excellent as well..although they are a bit thinner and more shiny. But the foot form and fitting in overall is just excellent.. 1000x better then a Capezio.

MJ

anyone tried the "new" mirellas?

zx12richard

Quoting tutu.com: They say it will be hard to notice you have the corrected ones or not.. As since they would probably still sell their old stock and not throw it away. So there could be a chance when buying Mirella tights, you have the old stock again.

MikeENB

Quoting tutu.com: They say it will be hard to notice you have the corrected ones or not.. As since they would probably still sell their old stock and not throw it away. So there could be a chance when buying Mirella tights, you have the old stock again.

I thought tutu.com were brighter than that. From a moral point of view, Mirella should take back the defective stock and replace it with the "new". I certainly won't be buying anymore until I am sure they are good quality.

Edited by MikeENB

zx12richard

Sorry Mike, you got me wrong. I mean they expect Mirella will not through away the old and defective stock, so it will be impossible for tutu.com to say if you have the corrected or the defective tights.

By that I have chosen MStevens instead. MStevens is a bit thinner, but the fitting is pretty good. Although my legs were warmer with Mirella's and a bit more comfy.

But for me living in Holland and ordering Mirella tights in the usa is pretty risky when there is no guarantee I get the corrected ones. I'm happy with MStevens now and is far better then Capezio. :thumbsup:

MikeENB
Sorry Mike, you got me wrong. I mean they expect Mirella will not through away the old and defective stock, so it will be impossible for tutu.com to say if you have the corrected or the defective tights.

By that I have chosen MStevens instead. MStevens is a bit thinner, but the fitting is pretty good. Although my legs were warmer with Mirella's and a bit more comfy.

But for me living in Holland and ordering Mirella tights in the usa is pretty risky when there is no guarantee I get the corrected ones. I'm happy with MStevens now and is far better then Capezio. :thumbsup:

Richard, thanks for making it clear. There were three retailers in the UK that were selling Mirella 607 tights, one of them, Stagestruck Dancewear told me that their Mirella stock came from Holland. None of them are now selling 607s, I guess they had too many returns.

I have a pair of MStevens which are good for the summer but I prefer something a bit thicker for the winter. I see Capezio now have meryl microfiber fabric tights # 5945. Not available in the UK as yet - I hope they will be.

Edited by MikeENB