Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest coupe66

Academy of International Ballet, Media, PA

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

Coupe, I had a hard time even looking at the site after seeing that horrendous photo at the top of their page. The oversplit in the grand jeté is really awful. But then, I saw no link to the faculty. This is not looking like a pre-pro school. Am I missing something?

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

I'm afraid that I am not familiar with the faculty, nor am I impressed with the class schedule.

Guest coupe66   
Guest coupe66

Thank you, Ms. Leigh. (I have also edited my second post, above, to say that I do NOT have any personal experience with this studio).

Thanks again!

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

Yes, I figured that missing word out, coupe! :)

Fraildove   
Fraildove

We had a student move to the Philly are a few years back. She went to the Rock after having attended for the summer, but was very unhappy for several reasons. My husband and I know both teachers, so we reccomendes them to her to try out. She liked them enough to completly switch schools, and when she came back for a visit, she looked fantastic. I am surprised by the overdoing, but Denis is a professional photographer so that might have a little bit to Donetsk it. I know the school does not focus on tricks, but instead on strength and solid technique. Their dancers have always done very well at YAGP, and Anastasia in particular is a very inspirational teacher. Both from the Bolshoi tradition. They are both very tough and expect a lot from their dancers. If you are in the Philly area, drop by and take a class. It's not for everyone, but I have seen several of their dancers and have always been impressed.