Ballet Talk for Dancers
Victoria Leigh

Changing Email Address

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

If you are changing your email address on the board, please be aware that there will be a validation email, just like when you were first registering. If you do not respond to that email to your new address, from Contact@BTforD.com, then your email address change is not complete. If you did not receive this email, then write to Contact Us, and I will have it sent to you again.

After your email notifications have been bouncing back for a while, you will be blocked or suspended from the board. If we have no way of notifying you that your emails are bouncing, there is nothing we can do but suspend your privileges.

Some of the people whose email is bouncing are newer members who do not yet have Private Messaging privileges. Without that, and an email that bounces, we cannot contact you. If you have Private Messaging, I will message you before suspending.

Right now there are two members in the validation queue who have not validated the email after requesting an address change, and a lot of members who have changed their email address and not changed it on the board. I suspended one today. Please don't let this happen!

Victoria Leigh

CKdance3   
CKdance3

Hi! I am trying to change my e-mail to the current one I use today... but it is saying that my current email is already in use. A while back I forgot my log-in information to this account so I may have made a new one but I fear I don't remember. If that is the case, I would like to have that account disabled so I can put my correct e-mail on this account. Sorry for the confusion!

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

CKdance3, if you have another registration, it's not using the same name or email address. I only came up with the one. Send me the new email address and I will change it for you. You can send it to Contact Us.

HMLK   
HMLK

I am trying to change my email address and I am being told that my new email address is already in use. It is not b/c I logged out and tried to log back in using the new email address and I was refused. What's the deal? My new email address is heather.king.tx@gmail.com

Thanks!

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

The board does not accept gmail addresses, HMLK. It does not accept yahoo or hotmail either. Internet Service Provider addresses, AIM, and me.com for Apple users work.

HMLK   
HMLK

Bummer.

What is the thought process on that?

momster   
momster

also can not change email address as says already in use.

do not want to contact through entourage which is only option I am given as I do not want to set up an account

Also see i am not allowed gmail acct. Gmail is currently one of the most secure available. Can not even access my old aol as it was hacked, so now I am left with no option to be able to follow a topic?

my old email was kjkonrad@aol.com

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

Momster, you will need an address with your Internet Service Provider, or you can use AIM. If you have an Apple device you can use me. com. I'm sorry, but we have not found gmail to be secure from hackers, nor are most other free web-based servers.

tutu2you   
tutu2you

I've been having the same trouble all week as I switched email addresses from my internet provider to gmail after I was hacked. Guess I'll have to keep my old email address just for BT4D. Thanks for bringing this up, Momster and for expaining, Ms. Leigh. Thought I was getting a more secure email provider, but I guess not.

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

I think it's probably been quite reliable for individuals, but the problem is that hackers and spam bots use it too, and they register on the board.

ball3rinamom   
ball3rinamom

Can I change my email from the service provider one that I signed up with to one that I use everyday, such as a hotmail address?

ball3rinamom   
ball3rinamom

Apologies, It looks as if I should have read the above posts better. :blushing:

Cathy shen   
Cathy shen

Dear Victoria,

Hi, thank you for your kindly reminder us to how to change the email address, this will help me in future even though I haven't change it yet. I like your words: life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning how to dance in rain. Oh, could you please help me that why I can't reply to some post?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Cathy

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

Cathy, I can't help you unless I know what topics you are talking about. Sometimes topics have been closed, and in those cases no one can post. Where did you want to post that you could not reply?

Gisele   
Gisele

I was trying to change my email address too. But it isn't working.