Ballet Talk for Dancers
Victoria Leigh

Akhmedova Ballet Academy

Pointegirl5

Thank you for all the information.

Edited by Pointegirl5

Guest Adancersmom

All members of ABA's first graduating class (2013) have paid positions in professional ballet companies. It is important to note that

these 4 dancers are not trainees or apprentices but have sign contracts and are members of the Corps de ballet!

Edited by Adancersmom

pucksandtutus

Wow, that is quite impressive! I would imagine the program must be extremely selective!

learningtheway

You should contact her for more information.

Edited by learningtheway

vaganovagirl

I was wondering how well-rounded the school is and the curriculum. Any information?

learningtheway

With regards to ballet apprenticeships, none of the posts for this school questioned their value.

With regards to the academic education that the current students are receiving, some are homeschooled while others attend public or private high schools and have made arrangements with their school for early release.

With regards to the well-roundedness of the program, students currently have classes in technique and repertoire which are taught by Mme. Akhmedova as well as contemporary and Pilates which are taught by other teachers. Partnering is currently not available.

She graduated from the Ballet Academy of Uzbekistan and danced with the Bolshoi Theater in Tashkent.

Edited by learningtheway

vaganovagirl

Most of my information has come from the website, google searches, and Facebook.

Thanks for the information as you know choosing a ballet school is an important task!

learningtheway

Yes, you are right! That is a very important decision!

Edited by learningtheway

mykidsmom

I am very interested in this school. Do you know how the audition process works? Is there an organized audition or do they use in class auditions? I am looking for Vaganova training with small class size and personal corrections. I don't see tuition prices on their website. Can anyone share the cost? Scholarships available? I see there are nightly classes in the summer. Are these open? What are the typical ages of the Juniors and Seniors pre-pro program?

learningtheway

To find out about "in class", "private", or "video" auditions at this point in time as well as tuition

and scholarships, please email Mme. Akhmedova at akhmedovaballet@gmail.com.

Edited by learningtheway

vaganovagirl

Thanks everyone for the information