Ballet Talk for Dancers
pasdedeuxmama

Shoes for boys

Joyful3   
Joyful3

DS loves his Fuzis! They make his narrow feet feet look So much better than the Sanshas and he says they feel great :)

chel   
chel

Looking for an update. Bloch has stopped making their white leather split sole shoe in men's sizes. The studio DS dances at requires leather. What's out there?

dinkalina   
dinkalina

Fuzi's are making leather shoes now. I believe capezios do as well.

Clara 76   
Clara 76

I vote for Fuzi!!!! I don't trust Capezio as far as I can throw them.....

chel   
chel

Wonderful! That's what I will try to hunt down then.

Fraildove   
Fraildove

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Capezio. The Airess looks interesting, but already hearing of defects, the platform going soft etc. The only pair of Capezio soft shoes ever worn ripped the 2nd day I had them. No thanks!

Clara 76   
Clara 76

For SURE, Fraildove!!!!

Mom2kaipar   
Mom2kaipar

We have been having struggles finding good shoes for my son too. He is 15 and growing. Our issue is we can't ever order anything that isn't back ordered from the actual supplier. It is awful! We just switched brands yet again. He is wearing a size too small right now just because they were the only ones available and our local shop didn't have any others that fit. (Not the stores fault - it is truly the supplier not making more shoes! We had a few pairs on back order for over 3 months and when a pair came in, they were PINK! Our home studio wears leather shoes. I think our last order is for Grishko. He seems to like them. They've been on back order for about a month now. She we shall see if we actually get what he needs!

I can't get over the fact the he is having issues! You'd think it would be easier for the guys! And I have a daughter that dances too and we have issues with pointe shoes on occasion.

dinkalina   
dinkalina

I really do recommend ordering right from Fuzi. I can order shoes on a Tuesday and have them in my hands by Thursday/Friday and that is just regular old postal service shipping.

Mom2kaipar   
Mom2kaipar

What is the sizing on Fuzi? My DS wears a 9.5 or 10 street shoes and a 15 or 16 in Grishko.....

Clara 76   
Clara 76

Do you mean a 15 or 16 in Sansha?

In Fuzi, he will probably like size 41 or 42. :)

Mom2kaipar   
Mom2kaipar

Nope. It's a Grishko pair this last time. (The Sansha's have been on back order since March.) Although, I don't see split sole leather for Fuzi.

Clara 76   
Clara 76

I don't *think* Fu makes a full-sole ballet slipper, but I can call him and find out. I've ordered leather ballet shoes for my company men from him before & they were split-sole. :shrug: I wasn't aware that Grishko did their sizing like that! I've always ordered European sizes from Grishko. I learn something new every day!!!! :)

tentative   
tentative

Could anyone comment regarding sizing SoDancas? I see on their website it states 1.5-2 sizes lower than street shoes. How true has anyone found that to be?

Ballet dragon   
Ballet dragon

Question about slipper heel slipping off while dancing.

DS wears Fuzi's. Up until this year, he primarily wore black shoes with black tights. But, this year, he is attending a dance program in another state that prefers black tights, white socks, and white shoes. In his black slippers, he doesn't have any problems with his slippers, but in his white ones that are the same size, the heel keeps slipping off. He seems to think that the culprit is the white socks, which are calf-high thin nylon (slippery?) socks.

Any suggestions from those in the know about this? If it is the socks, I can send him cotton socks that are less slippery. But, I suppose the elastics might not be tight enough? Any other reasons for this anomaly?