Ballet Talk for Dancers
  • Announcements

• Helene

2018 Joint Fundraiser for Ballet Talk for Dancers and Ballet Alert!   02/03/2018

We have launched our 2018 Fundraiser.  To donate, please see the instructions on our home page for checks (US dollars only) and credit card donations via PayPal.  We close the fundraiser as soon as we raise enough to sustain us for the next year, and we thank you for your support!
ascballerina

Proper Citation

ascballerina

I'm doing the Bluebird variation for a performance, which I was taught last summer in a variations class. In the program for this performance, the choreographer is listed along with the music, the dance title, and the names of the dancers. Can I just put "after Petipa" for the choreographer spot, or is there a more proper way to cite this?

Victoria Leigh

Just say Petipa, unless the variation has been re-choreographed by someone else.

ascballerina

Thanks, Ms Leigh. I was unsure because I've seen lots of slightly different versions on Youtube and on DVD, so I wasn't sure how to tell if it was the *original*. But just putting Petipa makes my life easier.