Ballet Talk for Dancers
jane s

Problems logging in

jane s

Hi,

I am able to log in fine from my work PC but when I try to log in from my home PC (using the same login details) I get an error message saying I do not have permisson to view the site.

Please help!

Jane

Tari

The exact same thing has been happening to me!

dancein pictures

Hi, me too!

Mel

adam12

Try checking if your browser allows cookies.

Also adding dancers.invisionzone.com to your trusted site list may help with this kind of thing.

harbordancer

I am not very computer literate, but I thought I would share my problem and solution related to the above posts. When I originally signed up to the forum, I was able to login the first day only. After that I got a message similar to above on two home computers and my mobile phone when trying to login using my home wifi network. I finally noticed that I was fine logging in if I used my phone on mobile data instead of my home wifi network. My computer worked (and I could login to the forum) if I used my phone as a wifi hotspot for my computer to access the internet. I was also able to login elsewhere using other wifi networks on my phone. I deduced that my wifi/router was the source of the trouble. Not wanting to delve too far into why my router was blocking just this forum, I happily worked around it by visiting the forum while waiting for dd at ballet class and using the studio's wifi.

Recently, our old router quit working entirely, and we bought a new one. It took a few minutes to install and set up the new wifi network at home. Viola! I can now access the forum on my home computers! It is much easier to post using a keyboard instead of my phone. :)

So, if anyone else has a problem logging in, it could be a router issue (not that I know exactly why my router was causing the problems). I am sure there was a way to fix my old router, so I don't recommend buying a new one just for this issue. If you are computer savvy or know someone who is, this might be an avenue to explore.

Victoria Leigh

Very interesting information, harbordancer. Thank you. :)