Ballet Talk for Dancers
beckyl

How far do you travel to class?

Hamorah

When I go to the 10.30am class on friday morning it takes me 10 minutes driving time. When I go to the same studio for a 9am class the rest of the week it can take up to 30 minutes because of the rush hour! Most frustrating especially as I then have to search for parking! And I am NOT an early morning person!

Guest Pas de Quoi

I take class (for no charge :)) four times a week at the studio where I teach. It takes about 20 minutes to get to that studio. I also take a class or two at a studio that is located 30-40 minutes from my home. I feel lucky to have found this class, and to be welcomed into the morning pre-pro classes at my home studio.

wembley

I am very lucky in that the studio where I take classes is half way between my work and my home -12 minutes each way! But if I am without a car it takes me about an hour to get there on the bus.

tinydancer89

Mine is about a 20 minute drive but that will get longer in a few weeks due to winter creeping up. The snow is pretty but I hate the cold :(

dansair

The studio is 20 minutes away from my workplace. But the workplace is 60 miles away from my home. I leave home at 6am and come back around 8pm. Pretty long days but I love the classes.

Lavande

Being a parent of little ones I say 15 min there, 1 1/2 hrs class and 15 home. 2hrs total for hubby to watch over them! I'm happy with this.

Lauren91

Right now, I only live a few minutes from my ballet studio, which is amazing!

Edited by Lauren91

draws

I travel about 15 minutes to my studio in Bedford, NH. All freeway. Add to this a great instructor for beginner ballet as well.

Redbookish

Being a parent of little ones I say 15 min there, 1 1/2 hrs class and 15 home. 2hrs total for hubby to watch over them! I'm happy with this.

Presumably they're his children too, so he's doing some parenting? :devil::whistling: A good thing, I'd have thought. Win-win-win for you, him, and your children. :clapping:

Octet

It takes me about 20 minutes to get to class via the train, and the same to get back. The only annoying thing is the hanging around before and afterwards... unfortunately the train schedule doesn't fit in with the classes.

I normally end up with an hour to wait beforehand and likewise afterwards. If I sprint it down the hill I probably could catch the earlier train... or a mouthful of tarmac. :wacko:

silvergreydancer

55 minutes, mostly interstate, 55 mile away.

darialovesdancing

Edit: I just realized this is the adult buddy board I'm reading! Sorry, please delete this.

pasdedeuxmama

45 minutes, but i'm also dropping off my daughter for her class at the same time, so I'd be driving it anyway.

MissZ

45 minutes. There are schools in my town, but they are not my cup of tea (poor or rude instruction). But the place I found has adult classes seven days a week and the classes are a mix of pro and novices and everyone is made to feel comfortable.

Unfortunately, my Husband and I will be moving in the next two years. The only thing I will miss dearly is my dance studio. And I will start my search all over again :(.

pinkpointe

My school is a 20min walk from my home. It's a great warmup!