Ballet Talk for Dancers
pinetree

ABT Ballet School in Costa Mesa, CA

balletmuse

Thank you for the update HereKitttKitty.   Was there any partnering, and if so do you know for what ages?

AB'sMom

They didn’t do partnering in either level. I think last year they opened up one of the Sunday Intensives to boys for free and then were able to have partnering. I think it was one of the last in the series. 

balletmuse

Thank you AB’s Mom

Hoping we can make it to some, but just too busy right now!

herekittykitty

According to DD there were only 3 boys there total Sunday, two in one level and one in the other (I forget which), so no partnering. 

herekittykitty

Forgot to mention that I was told the March date will have technique, pointe, modern, and repertory.

balletmuse

Thank you HereKittyKitty!

AB'sMom

Since the ABT Gillespie School still doesn’t have its own heading under Pre-Professional schools, I will share some new information here, in case anyone is considering auditioning in May. This fall instead of adding a Level 7, the school will be following the new structure at the JKO school and will switch to Upper Level 1 and Upper Level 2 classes for their pre-professional division. Unlike JKO, the Gillespie School will keep Level 4 (at least for the coming year), but I believe it will go back to being considered part of the children’s division. I have a theory about why this is, but I’ll keep it to myself since it is just speculation. Upper Level 2 classes will start at 1:00, so students in the highest level will need to do some sort of alternative schooling. 

AB'sMom

Just got an updated letter stating that Levels 3B, 4, Upper 1 and Upper 2 will be considered pre-professional for the coming year.