Ballet Talk for Dancers
Boydancermom

SI Audition Roll Call

librarygirl

DS 16 Ballet Chicago.

mln

This year involved some really hard decisions, but my DS 16 has decided to attend MCB.

Ballet dragon

DS 15 is headed to Ballet Austin.

Tayperry88

DS10 is headed to Walnut Hil. 1st one! :)

flyingmouse

DS13 will be at BalletMet!

Boydancermom

DS15 will be at CPYB this summer.

FabFoursMom

DS is going to Faubourg.

Beethovens7th

This year's decision was our toughest yet. So many great offers from great programs. In the end we decided on Nutmeg for my 17 y.o. son. Now if I could just quit second guessing myself.

nynydancer

Wow what a great thread! My DS started ballet this year at 12 and his first SI will be with the home school summer (4 weeks), plus a quick week long program in NYC for contemporary.

It's really interesting to see everyone else's experiences.

solnishko

Well my son has finally decided - he's going to Nutmeg! Considering some options for August.

fourseasons

Our DS will also be attending the one-week (Aug. 8-13) Boys Ballet Summer Intensive at the International Ballet Academy in Cary, NC. Teachers are Peter Stark, Olivier Munoz, Servy Gallardo and Patrick Frenette.

DobbinsND

DS (16) will be attending Ballet Arizona in June, Next Generation in June/July, and Nutmeg in August.

LBBalletMom

I think the scholarship situation is interesting. My son has been all over the map. Didn't get into San Francisco at all, full scholarship to PNB, half to Houson and Ballet West, acceptance and no money to Boston and Washington D.C. I'm sure most moms have a similar story. You could make yourself crazy trying to figure it out. :nixweiss: I

mln

LBBalletMom,

My ds auditions broadly for that very reason. It's a myth that every boy gets admission and a scholarship to every program. Very few of my ds's male dance friends count on success; they know they have to earn it. They have to find the right fit. They have all experienced rejection, too. I don't know how old your son is, but the landscape can change pretty suddenly from year to year for boys. When they are of partnering age, opportunities emerge that were not there before. But then the competition seems to increase again at the very advanced levels, for reasons I won't speculate about now. Anyway, I feel that every year is entirely different, and so I encourage my son to take nothing for granted.

nynydancer

Good to know. I don't think about scholarships- this is my DS (13) first auditioning. I am really afraid he won't get in anywhere!