Ballet Talk for Dancers
EnchantedSteps

E-mail Providers NOT Working

EnchantedSteps

Hey there! (& HAPPY NEW YEAR :hyper::hyper:)

My sis wants to create an account on BalletTalk, using her outlook email, and it's not working ("The email address you used is not accepted by this community. Please select a different email address.") I'm a bit confused because I used an Outlook email address with no problem? :ermm: She has also tried gmail, yahoo, and AOL. None of 'em work. PLEASE HELP!

Victoria Leigh

Outlook is now blocked, along with gmail, yahoo, and Hotmail. We had a large number of spammers using Outlook recently. I'm sorry. Please try again with AOL That will work.

EnchantedSteps

It's fine. We'll try with AOl again, thanks!

HoppingHolly

Hi, I just registered about 5 minutes ago and I'm looking through these to understand how the site works. I used my school-issued email address through Microsoft and it works so far, but is it not allowed? It does have outlook as the client, but it's not "@outlook.com" or anything like that.

adam12

HoppingHolly, Microsoft - in their infinite wisdom - refer to multiple things as "outlook".

The "outlook" you are using is a piece of software that can check your e-mail for you.

The "outlook" that is being discussed here is "outlook.com", which is a website that uses the "outlook" software AND is microsoft's new home for all the hotmail accounts it bought a few years ago.

Victoria Leigh

Thank you for explaining, Adam12. I did not know that about outlook, but it certainly makes sense now.

HoppingHolly, welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers! Your email is fine! If it was not, the board's software would not have let you register. :)

HoppingHolly

Oh, thank goodness! Wow Microsoft, real genius there...

Thanks, I'm glad to be here. I've been reading around for a while.

Renai

Well, oh dear. I wanted my daughter to register for this site, but all she has is a gmail account. She just informed me that it is not accepting her email. Is there no hope for her? She is very much a real person, but her only option is a web email account. (Prior to this, she was just using my account to read.)

Edited by Renai

ascballerina

Most internet providers will give you multiple email addresses, you can just make one for her. Additionally, I am pretty sure @me.com works, although that could have changed when I wasn't looking!

Victoria Leigh

Me.com, iCloud.com, and windows live.com all work.