Ballet Talk for Dancers
adultdancervienna

Hi everyone - a new Ballet beginner

adultdancervienna

Hi

Yesterday I had my first ballet lesson in my life. I´m 40 years old. The last years I always wanted to to do ballet but I had not the courage to do.

Yesterday was the big day. I was really nervous. What should I wear. I bought a ballet leggins for men and ballet shoes with full sole. At home I have tried on the clothes and I felt naked. I went to the small studio. I paid for the hour and the woman showed me the wardrobe for man. I was the only man (what a surprise). I changed my clothes. at that moment I thought to myself what I am doing here. I was really very nervous.

In the studio the teacher greeted me. She is very nice. 3 other women were also there. I went fast to the barre in the opposite of the door. The women have smiled in greeting and began to warm up.

Some moments later the lesson started. We began with the ballet positions. After 15 minutes I have realizierd that I dance really Ballet and it was a great feeling. I've been wondering why I have not done that earlier. The lesson lasted unfortunately just 60 minutes. Toward the end , I realized how my concentration decreases.

The windows show on the road and some people have seen us. After my lesson a other lesson started and the tango dancers have been waiting at the door. I think all who saw me and so I walked fast to the wardrobe.

At last i can say, I´m looking forward to the next lesson

Martin

(sorry for my english, I´m from Austria)

vrsfanatic

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers and congratulations on your accomplishment. Wishing you all the best as you travel this wonderful road of discovery. We look forward to hearing of your journey!

Willimus

Congratulations on your first class! Please let us know how you progress.

AndrewUK

Hello Martin,

That first step into a Ballet lesson is always hard to make, it was the same for me, one thing is for sure, now you have make that initial step, Ballet will get in your blood and you will count the hours down to your next lesson, its hard at first as the bodies muscles do complain about what they are being put through, but stay with it, they soon become accustomed, I thought I was fairly fit before I started, but Ballet takes fitness to a different level.

Enjoy your lessons and as vrsfanatic says your road of discovery into the wonderful world of Ballet

adultdancervienna

Thank you for your feedbacks. The first stepwise done and I'm waiting for the next lesson. I thought I'm fit.But the hour I felt some new muscles.

adultdancervienna

Yesterday I had my second ballet class . Again, I 've learned a lot . However, I was very tired this time . Today I feel a lot of new muscles .
However, it has a lot of fun , although some steps have real problems . In conclusion then , the concentration has been lacking . The teacher is very nice and praises us always . Although I am the only man in the group , but the atmosphere is good and relaxed.
For me, ballet is something new and I realize how much I still have to learn and wants . Looking forward to next week on Plies and the arm positions

Dave62

Congratulations! Good for you for starting class at 40!

Enjoy it!

David

AndrewUK

You never stop learning and that's a fact with ballet !, Its good you have a great teacher that makes all the difference to learning and also enjoying the class.

The muscles, start to accept all the new demands on them after a while, you will feel much fitter as well.

Enjoy your classes and before long you will have ballet in your blood, once there hard to stop, well what I have found personally.

adultdancervienna

Yesterday I had my third ballet class. I like ballet really. As the only ballet beginners, but it was very hard for me. It is an open class for beginners. The other dancers are at least one year. At the end, we made some difficult combinations. For reasons of time I will change the ballet school. This is also an open hour, however, the course starts on Monday again. I hope I learn ballet step by step. For me, the reps are very important.

Which experiences have you done in open classes?

silvergreydancer

Be patience with yourself! You will get there with perseverance.