Ballet Talk for Dancers
mom2dancinggirls12

Nutcracker

mom2dancinggirls12

Waiting on results. Anyone else playing the waiting game, or want to share that their dancer got?

natashabrown

This will be dds first time auditioning next week, she is SO excited!

mom2dancinggirls12

Good luck to her, Natashabrown!

cammies

We are still waiting for auditions--everything is a bit later this year. I love Nutcracker season! This is our fourth year, and we hope DD gets a part again this year--any part is such a blessing. Of course, we know not getting a part can be a growing opportunity, too. Good luck to your DD, Natashabrown, and to all the other auditioning DKs!

edelweiss

My 12 year old DD just found out yesterday that she will be Clara this year!!! She is so very excited (and I have to admit that I am too!).

cammies

Congratualtions to your daughter, edelweiss! That is so exciting! What an opportunity for her! I admit I'd be excited as a mama too!

L_One

Congrats to your daughter edelweiss!

We are also in the waiting camp, results should be available in the next few days. :whistling:

Mom de deux

We are still waiting for auditions to even be held. Most roles aren't cast at auditions though. All students at the school perform in either the Battle or Act II, but the auditions are for extra roles in the party scene, including Clara. All other casting is done based on the AD's observations I think. Still, even the party scene audtions seem late this year, which makes DD and I suspect that big roles will not be split cast, given less time to rehearse multiple performers.

DD is really hoping for a shot at Clara, but we think she is too tall given the height we have seen to be customary. (I know for a fact though that the costume would still fit her, as I have seen it used on an even taller/larger girl for another production.) I am trying to prepare her for possible disappointment, as this is realistically her last year to try for that role. We thought she was in the running last year, with lots of getting her to dance next to/measure up with the boy who was cast as the nutcracker at auditions, but ultimately, a student who had returned to the school just a few weeks earlier after studying elsewhere was cast as Clara. DD was pretty devastated intially, but ended up enjoying the very nice casting she did have.

Many congratulations to your daughter edelweiss, and best wishes for everyone still waiting. (And thanks for listening, as always. :) )

pasdedeuxmama

DD's first year auditioning on pointe, which was very exciting. We don't know that she'll get a pointe role, though, as usually they make them wait a year (so not sure why they did the pointe audition at all?). No word on the role yet!

AB'sMom

We have just started at a new school, where the students are cast in children's roles in the professional company's production. We are still two weeks away from auditions, but I think my daughter will be thrilled just to be cast in any role and be dancing on a big stage with "real" dancers. She had to get an entertainment work permit so she said, "Wait, does that mean I might get paid to dance?!" I hope she can hold on to her positive attitude as she grows and things become more competitive. Right now she is just thrilled for any opportunity to dance.

AdagioMom

10 yo dd got Clara this year! She's over the moon. First year of a new production (in the past our Clara has been a little older). She also got her first pointe shoes last week, so she is in ballet heaven right now. Great way to start off the new dance year. :)

AdagioMom

My 12 year old DD just found out yesterday that she will be Clara this year!!! She is so very excited (and I have to admit that I am too!).

Congratulations!! Exciting! :clapping:

cammies

Congratulations to your DD, lmrook!

Tayperry88

DS9 is finally eligible for Fritz this year. They've been having girls play fritz for the last 5 years due to lack of boys. So who knows which direction they will go in. He did get in Bon bons and it super excited for that, So no matter what he's a happy kid and Fritz would just be icing on the cake. :)

pasdedeuxmama

DD finally got the role she's always wanted -Party girl! She's beside herself.