Ballet Talk for Dancers
3girls

ABT Jackie Onassis School

xlilnysweetix

has anyone that was put on the waiting list heard ne thing yet... or are we finding out after abt ny ?

Liz7777

On the topic of school- I live in CT and go to a private school with a rotating schedule. That means that I have had to miss at least one class a day this whole year and typically get out of school at 1:15 to get to ballet class on time. I've had to work pretty hard to make up the things that I miss in school, but my teachers are always really nice about it, and I feel that it has definitely been worth it. There are a lot of different ways to make it work and everyone at ABT has a slightly different schedule regarding school....also the people who moved to the city from farther away do correspondance school.

xlilnysweetix

that's good to know because my schedule rotates as well ... but i also live in NY

miyamura

My dd received a letter today from ABT.She will be attending the SI and the letter states that if any student attending the SI who would like to be considered fot the JKO School should say so in writing.The letter included the schedules for both groups: the 12-14 and the 15-18 year olds.So I guess they are adding the younger group this year.

xlilnysweetix

what abt summer intensive is your dd attending?

pointe2perfection

My dd received same letter. She will be attending the NYC site. Unfortunately, too young to think about it this year, as she is only 13.

mirabray
The letter included the schedules for both groups: the 12-14 and the 15-18 year olds.So I guess they are adding the younger group this year.

Do you mean the schedule for days and time classes will be held during the year?

Or date and time of the audition for the yearly program?

chaperone

Mirabray~

The letter included the schedules for the school year(for the Senior Devision, ages 15-18 and Junior Devision, ages 12-14) that will begin on September 6, 2005 and end on Saturday, June 3, 2006. They will be notifying al students who audition whether they have been accepted or not during the third week of the summer program.

miyamura

xilinysweetix

my dd will be attending the NY SI

xlilnysweetix

does anyone know if they will be taking anyone from the waiting list from the audition or it's still all up in the air?

chaperone

xlilnysweetix~

I am sure you will be considered for the school after the 3 weeks into the NY ABT Summerintensive when they will be making their decisions (as mentioned to us in the invitation letter). The NY Summer Intensive starts this Monday(June 20). I am sure by mid July you would get an answer. :D

tu2hunny

Yes, last year after the third week was when we recieved our letters telling us whether we were accepted or not.

xlilnysweetix

thanks for the update :sweating: .... crossing my fingers! :D

xlilnysweetix

(for everyone on the waiting list or applied) i heard there are 8 spots open! still keeping fingers crossed! good luck everyone!

shimmerynight22

Even though it's early, I was just wondering if anybody knew if there would be any changes in the school for the '06-'07 school year... I'm interested in this school, (although, who isn't?), but the program is clearly extremly selective, and it seems like many students return for the next year... Basically I was wondering if more spots would be available/If ABT was going to further expand their school.....