Ballet Talk for Dancers
Momof3darlings

2017/18 Full Company Congrats(when Paid Company Apprentice, Corp, etc.

Immashel   
Immashel

Congratulations. It is so true about only one person has to like her, though it could be stated more positively:wink:

NYCMOM   
NYCMOM

Congratulations to you and your daughter, Rosetwirl!  And to all the others reporting good news here!

Monet   
Monet

Congratulations Rosetwirl!  So amazing. 

rosetwirl   
rosetwirl

Many thanks for your kind words, everyone! Immashel, we were actually helped by the statement, "Only one person has to like her." The process seemed less intimidating. We were not as hurt by the "no thank yous." We didn't feel as panicky about her pleasing everyone. Dd could be herself and trust that she had a good chance for a fit somewhere. :)

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

So far I think we are having a really good year for our dancers getting jobs!  Congratulations to all! :clapping:

marigold   
marigold

Congratulations to you and your daughter, rosetwirl!  Yay for her!  :flowers:  It's so fun seeing familiar names with happy news! 

learning.a.lot   
learning.a.lot

?Congratulations to all these familiar names and wonderful dancers!?  Soooo happy for Modabt and NYCMOM and daughters especially as we have crossed paths...and so many others!  Truly wonderful and exciting!  ?????✨May you have many opportunities to see your children dance...and may your lovely dancers have long and wonderful careers!! 

cchow   
cchow

Congrats to you and your daughter, Rosetwirl! :)

NYCMOM   
NYCMOM

Thank you, Learning.a.lot!!  I hope your daughter had a great season!

CeliB   
CeliB

So I thought I would follow up on posting the boy's Vaganova exam to give the wonderful news that my DS was offered a contract with the Bolshoi ballet, which he has accepted. He was also offered a contract with the Mariinsky (which, after considerable thought, he turned down). And he had several other informal offers. I guess all the predictions about his potential have been proven right. Or at least to the extent that he is gainfully employed (work permit permitting!).

I have to say he and we owe a enormous debt of gratitude owed to the kind, caring ad skilled teachers at the Kirov Academy in DC for seeing his potential aged 14 (a late starter!) and nurturing him to a level where he was accepted at the Vaganova in St Petersburg......

It feels like stage one of the journey is finally over- now for stage 2!

vrsfanatic   
vrsfanatic

How wonderful and congratulations to your son!

L_One   
L_One

How exciting CeliB, I've been quietly watching your son's progress here and on BalletCo - what a journey he's had! Congratulations on the two amazing offers and the Bolshoi contract.

Edit: I realized after posting this was in Parents of Boys, my apologies!

learningdance   
learningdance

That's amazing!

tropicfive   
tropicfive

Great news! Thanks for sharing - now please keep us apprised of his progress!

Doubleturn   
Doubleturn

Many Congratulations!