Ballet Talk for Dancers
Catdancing

My first post

Catdancing   
Catdancing

Hi to everyone, I've been reading these forums for a while, particularly the Adult Ballet sections. I am in my early sixties, and still take 1 adult ballet class per week at a non-profit dance studio I try to practice at home 1-2 times per week.

I can't even calculate how many years I've taken classes, but I would say at least 35 or more years.

at various studios in my current state where I'm living and in San Diego.

I no longer dance on pointe due to bone spurs in the tarsal part of my foot. I can still do petit allegro

and some grand allegro, but my grand jetes are not as high as they used to be. My weak point is adagio. My turns are average and pique turns are my favorite.

My main reason for posting on this forum is due to a problem at my current school, which I have attended for 4 years.. The school itself is wonderful, but there are problems with the new teacher this year.

I'm not sure if this is appropriate but I will discuss the situation in the Adult section.

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

Welcome Catdancing! It is great that you are still taking classes! The Adult Ballet Students forum is just fine for posting about your problems or questions. :)

Redbookish   
Redbookish

I'll add my welcome to Ms Leigh's, Catdancing, and especially to the Adult Ballet Students sections of Ballet Talk for Dancers. We have dancers of all ages (I'm close to 60 myself, which is hard to believe!). So lots of cameraderie here!