Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
BobbyPins

A Hero of Our Time - Bolshoi Ballet

BobbyPins

I just went today to see a live streamed performance in the movie theater of the Bolshoi Ballet's A Hero of Our Time.  It was absolutely incredible!  The choreography, music, lighting effects, and most of all the dancers were beautiful.  The cast included Svetlana Zakharova, Ekaterina Shipulina, Ruslan Skvortsov, Kristina Kretova, and Artem Ovcharneko, among others, and they were all stunning.  The choreography was ingenious with unique lifts and turns.  The last two scenes were especially mesmerizing, when the three main characters, all representing one person, came together and did moves which mirrored and overlapped each other.:clapping:  I enjoyed the ballet so much that I had to come home and post about it!

Did anybody else see it in the theatres?  I would love to hear what you thought!

balletmuse

BobbyPins thank you for sharing.  I wanted to see it and couldn't.  Your review will encourage me to try to make it to the next in the series.

Claude_Catastrophique

I saw it too! I think I have a new ballet on the list of my favourit ballets. It was amazing. I totally loved it for the reasons you stated.