Ballet Talk for Dancers
Luisa

Dance Classes HELP!!

Luisa   
Luisa

I am in a ballet school where the classes are expensive, and not that good. I live in Victoria, Australia. Does anyone know any good schools that have regular classes which aren't too pricey? PLEASE HELP!!!

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

Hello Luisa, and welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers. 

We are having a bit of technical difficulty in finding earlier posts about schools in Victoria, Australia, but will continue to try. In the meantime, please keep in mind that good ballet training is expensive, everywhere!  Paying for training that is not good is certainly a problem, but my guess would be that if you find a better school it will most likely be more expensive, not less.

What are your goals in terms of ballet?  How many ballet classes a week do you take now, and how long are the classes? Do you have pointe classes?  How old are you? How long have you studied ballet? It would help us to help you if we had this information. :)

iceberg*lover   
iceberg*lover

The link provided above is for a school in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. :)

Victoria Leigh   
Victoria Leigh

Oooops!  Thank you, iceberg!  I'm going to delete my post and leave yours for you to see while I search for the right link!   

Luisa   
Luisa

I currently do 5.45 hours per week (Which really isn't a lot and i would love to do more but classes cost about 140-160)

Tuesday- 5:30-6:45 Classical Ballet

Tuesday- 6:45-7:15 Pointe  (I'm Thirteen years old and I have been on pointe for about 3 months.)

Wednesday- 7:30-8:30 Aerobics

Thursday- 7:30-8:30 Aerobics

Thursday- 7:00-8:00 Stretch class

Saturday- 1:00-2:00 Tap, jazz, Classical ballet combination

I would love to become the best dancer i can be. Whether that be professional or a teacher. All i know is that i want dance to be part of my job or part of my life when i grow up. I've done ballet/ dance for about 8 years although for 4 of them i felt like i wasn't challenged (I still don't really feel challenged) so i usually half that and say 4 years. 

Thank you for helping!