Ballet Talk for Dancers
slhogan

No place to post a reply?

slhogan

Hello!  I was wanting to write a post in the topic "Housing in NYC" in the "SI Frequently Asked Questions" forum.  However, when I scroll to the bottom of the page, there is no box for writing a reply.  I see the reply box when I visit other forums.  Does that mean the topic is closed to new comments?  

dancemaven

Hhmmm, that's a strange one.  It should not be closed for any reason.  I had a box when I went to the thread, but . . . :shrug: 

I 'bumped' the topic, so see if that changes anything for you.  If not, then the Administrators will need to have a look. 

slhogan

I still don't have a reply box.  I checked other topics in the forum, and I found that I do not have reply boxes for any of the topics in that forum (well, at least none in the several that I checked).

I'm using the full desktop webpage, not a phone app.

Could it be related at all to the site upgrade?  I notice no one has posted on that topic in quite a while (although I do see your "bump" comment).

slhogan

Perhaps related-- I noticed when I click on the option to see all the new posts, there is no circle or star next to the post title.  Normally, there's a small circle (for most posts) or a small star (for posts I have participated in), and if I click on this circle or star then it brings me to the last unread post.  But, as I said, I see no circle or star next to the post title in the list.  

dancingjet

slhogan, out of curiosity I looked and I can't reply to any posts in that subforum, either.

slhogan

Dancingjet, thanks for verifying that I'm not crazy!

Correction-- I just realize that the circle disappears after you've read all the posts on that topic, so the fact that the circle isn't visible is unrelated to the problem.  Sorry about that!

Clutterbug

I'm also experiencing the same problem with the http://dancers.invisionzone.com/forum/170-post-gradcompany-school-training-options/. I wanted to post about our experience with a program but there is no reply option at the bottom of the section.

Victoria Leigh

Sorry that you all are having this problem. I see the reply box, so not quite sure what is going on.  I will check into it and see what I can figure out. 

I just spent more than half an hour in Admin. control, and cannot figure it out. When the last update happened for the board, it also happened for the control panel. Will have to contact Invisionzone on this one. :(

slhogan

Hi! I just wanted to follow up and let you know that I'm still unable to post anything in the Housing in NYC topic.

It's not a big deal; I just wanted to offer a review of the housing that my son had over the summer. I thought others might want to do the same as they return home from their summers in the city.

I wondered if perhaps I should start a new topic and start it out by linking back to the old topic. 

Momof3darlings

Thanks for letting us know it still is not working.  I will check Victoria to see if a solution has been found.  

Clutterbug

I still can't post a review in the company/pro school section (as mentioned above) 😟

Victoria Leigh

Okay, I will check again tomorrow with invisionzone, and see what is happening. There was another upgrade done yesterday, but it was a very small one, and, so far, an unnoticeable one. 

Victoria Leigh

I think that I found the problem on the forums/topics listed in the above posts, and, hopefully, fixed it!  Please let me know if you can now reply in those topics. 

Clutterbug

The reply box is now there!