Jump to content
Ballet Talk for Dancers
  • Announcements

    • Helene

      2018 Joint Fundraiser for Ballet Talk for Dancers and Ballet Alert!   02/03/2018

      We have launched our 2018 Fundraiser.  To donate, please see the instructions on our home page for checks (US dollars only) and credit card donations via PayPal.  We close the fundraiser as soon as we raise enough to sustain us for the next year, and we thank you for your support!
lizzyhults1

feeling overwhelmed -sure I'm not alone

Recommended Posts

Lady Elle

My dd does not have any acceptances to dance programs yet :o.  She also auditioned for a training program and will actually be doing one company audition this spring.  I will be very happy when this is all over and decisions are finalized.  

Share this post


Link to post
tutumama

LadyElle, good luck to your daughter as she finished up her BFA auditions and company auditions. My daughter has one audition this Friday and one next Saturday. We are driving tomorrow so we can be there for the early morning sign in. This southern school is actually closed today for snow! It is normally an 8/9 hour drive so we will leave early and take our time. I did not factor snow in to planning audition dates for this school, lol!

Then we have the big wait to hear back about these final schools and whatever possible money may be on the table. I want to hurry up this time-frame, but I've decided to enjoy these few months without auditions or applications or essays or travel. We will just enjoy our daughter for this final high school semester:)

Share this post


Link to post
DanceMumNYC

LadyElle, when should acceptance letters start coming in? Don’t give up hope because there’s still time & your dd hasn’t finished auditioning yet. 

tutumama—Oh dear! Make sure you check the school’s website to see if they’re still open before making that drive. When it snowed about 2 weeks ago, some SI auditions were canceled. 

I wish both of your daughters the best on this journey! 

Share this post


Link to post
Lady Elle

Oh, I'm not giving up hope.  She has a few results that should be coming in the next few weeks and 3 more auditions to do.  One is a school that she really doesn't want to go to though.  Just hope that's not the only option she ends up with.  The company audition is just a way for her to check out this company and to find out if they would even take someone her height and with her movement quality.  It's a company she's had her eye on for awhile.  She is just hoping for feedback.  They generally don't take such young dancers.

Share this post


Link to post
DanceMumNYC

It’s great that she’ll get to have that experience & get feedback before auditioning again when she’s a bit older, should she not get accepted this year, but hey, you never know. ,:rolleyes: 

Despite the chaos of it all, it must be exciting being able to choose between BFA/dance programs & companies. 

I hope you keep us posted as to where she ends up!

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyhults1

Wishing we had all the information, scholarships etc, so that DD could make a decision. One school told her notification on acceptance/denial will go out by April 1st...... 

Share this post


Link to post
dancingjet

I think DD will be able to make a decision soon. She has three more results coming in the next two weeks or so, but she's leaning heavily at the moment to Utah.

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyhults1

We just need info on potential scholarships/financial info. The program that is her top choice, we won't know till later next month about scholarships, if any is even possible. (I don't know that we/she can afford it without at least something) We still have never heard anything from Utah financially, which is frustrating because we know others have. She verified they received her FASFA and everything. One school gave her a really good scholarship and grant. Several others we know nothing financially with one we won't even know will april if she was accepted but they are not top on her list now. I feel like this is never going to end. lol. One stress/waiting turns into another.

Share this post


Link to post
tutumama

Waiting on 2 programs and we know they will be in middle to late March and financial information for those and one other. 

Share this post


Link to post
dancingjet

lizzyhultz1, the waiting is frustrating. We have all of DD's financial aid/merit offers and are waiting to hear about 3 or 4 potential dance scholarships. Not holding our breath that she'll get any, but it would be nice to at least have that information. Utah is one of her higher priced programs after all aid is considered, but it would become significantly cheaper should she establish residency.

Share this post


Link to post
lizzyhults1

dancingjet, it is! Yes Utah is appealing because of the possible residency discount. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

    • lizzyhults1
×