Ballet Talk for Dancers
  • Announcements

• Helene

2018 Joint Fundraiser for Ballet Talk for Dancers and Ballet Alert!   02/03/2018

We have launched our 2018 Fundraiser.  To donate, please see the instructions on our home page for checks (US dollars only) and credit card donations via PayPal.  We close the fundraiser as soon as we raise enough to sustain us for the next year, and we thank you for your support!
pirouettegirl123

Auditioning when rusty

pirouettegirl123

Hello! I just turned 16 and I dance six days a week. I just had a three week break from dance (I get back on Monday) but I have an audition tomorrow. I've heard that the place I'm auditioning for likes tall dancers so I want to go but I haven't danced in three weeks. I've been doing Pilates, barre, floor barre, theraband, ankle weights, and stretching, but that doesn't change the fact that I will be very rusty. Is it a good idea to go? Also, I have some new pointe shoes that arrived (Russian pointes) and last time I had them they felt amazing on my feet and they looked good. I've been wearing gaynors lately because nothing else worked and my Russians were on back order for a few months. Should I wear the gaynors that don't look as good or the brand new Russians?

Victoria Leigh

I think that everyone auditioning at this very early date after the holidays will be in the same situation, pirouettegirl.  The auditioners should be quite aware of that. I say do the audition. As for pointe shoes, that has to be your decision and depends on which ones you feel more comfortable in. 👍😊

pirouettegirl123

Thank you!

Claire_bear1.1

I think you should go, never missed a chance to dance. Before every audition, I always dance my heart out in contemporary. This is very useful because your body is all ready and warm and has been doing a movement. From what it sounds like maybe wear your old point shoes? Bring your new ones though :) Hope this helped

pirouettegirl123

Thanks!