Ballet Talk for Dancers
dancingninja

SI Audition Roll Call—2018

dancingninja

Wow! That's awesome pmom, congratulations to your DS!

DS received acceptances to Boston Ballet - Newton and PNB this week. PNB was a welcome surprise. 😊

5uptown

my son did three auditions in one weekend and then sprained his toe in his regular ballet class a week later (he will be fine, already much improved, but we had it checked out by a doctor). So, thank goodness he was happy with the results from the early round, and I was happy that he got scholarship offers, because that audition season ended early for him. 

pmom

Thank you dancingninja.  Now audition season is over he is going to take it easy. Congratulations about your DS too! 

Edited by pmom

flyingmouse

DS15 is off to Pittsburgh! He received a full scholarship with housing, which made it more attractive than his other offers.

dancingninja

Wow! Congratulations to your DS, flyingmouse!

nynydancer

Nicely done, flyingmouse!  That's amazing!  It's wonderful reading these acceptances and scholarships.  Congrats to all!

After a lot of angst and spreadsheets and pros and cons and reading, DS is off to SFB because it is his best shot at year round (they've already offered him a place), and also knowing they will really  hammer him on classical clean technique, which he really needs since he has not been dancing so long.  We are still trying to wrap up a piggy back program for the rest of the summer.

Ironically it was another dancing boy parent who sealed the deal for me with regards to SFB.  She said her son was bored to death with SFB SI because it was "too easy" and "basic".  Well, my DS needs to really needs to work on those basics, versus nailing that 7 pirouette combo, so that's where he is headed :)

dancingninja

That's awesome, nynydancer! SFB sounds like the perfect program for him and I'm sure he'll have an amazing summer. Congratulations!

We found out last night that DS was waitlisted for SAB - he was disappointed because it's the first time he wasn't outright accepted to a program, but I am thrilled it wasn't an outright no. We'll find out by mid- February if that's even a possibility.

Then we found out tonight that he received a full scholarship to Orlando Ballet School's 2-week program. It doesn't have a residential option so we're figuring out if we can still make it work (we live 1.5 hours away). I'm so grateful for each opportunity for DS. 😊

nynydancer

Wow Orlando!  That seems like an amazing program!  Congrats to you dancingninja!  

balletteacherandmom

Hello! I'm new to posting here; just posted a hello in the welcome forum.  My DS is 15 and will be going to Houston, Level 7. Last two years he did the Boston SDP and loved it, and he's very much looking forward to this new opportunity!