Ballet Talk for Dancers
pirouettegirl123

How many auditions people make

pirouettegirl123

Hello! I just turned 16 and I dance 5-6 days a week. I am wondering how many summer intensifies people my age should usually make. I've heard back from five auditions and I made two, got wait listed to one and wasn't accepted to the others. I understand that it gets much harder to get into programs the older you get, but at sixteen do you typically make some, most or just a few auditions? Do people normally get at least one scholarship? 

t.s..r

Hi! I typically audition for 5+ intensives every year. This year I got into 2, rejected from 1, and I haven't heard back from the others. However, it really depends on the individual, and it varies depending on the company as well as the audition pool that particular year. Competition does increase as people get older, especially when girls are aiming for studio company/trainee/apprenticeships. Scholarships depend on the school, the individual, and merit. Typically larger schools are more likely to give scholarships, while smaller schools may not. 

Best of luck!

Edited by t.s..r

pirouettegirl123

Thank you!!

Dreamingofdance

I'm only 14, but auditions are definitely getting harder for me. I've been accepted into 5, did not get into 3, and have not heard from 1.