Ballet Talk for Dancers
balletteacherandmom

A Long Overdue Hello!

balletteacherandmom

Hi everyone. I have been a member of BT4D for many years, since before I became a ballet mom. First, I was a ballet instructor and adult ballet student, but I've never posted until now. I recently started a new profile in order to change my screen name because my old one did not give me enough anonymity.  That was the sole reason I have not posted at all, but I'm finally posting to say hello!  

I have taught ballet for over 14 years; students age 8 through adult. At first, in a small hometown in small studios that do not focus on ballet, but now I am teaching in a major metropolitan area.  We relocated two years ago to bring my DS into a better commuting distance to his big 3 letter pre-pro training program.  He has been a student there since he was 7, now he is 15yrs old.  I also have two DD's who just this year have become my ballet students. They are not serious ballet students, but more focused in other forms of dance and other sports like swimming and horseback riding.  They do dance competitions (*gasp!*), so I'm in the middle of both the pre-pro ballet world and a competition dance mom!  Since my dd's focus on tap, which is their favorite, competitions are the best way for them to get in a lot of fun performance opportunities.

I read BT4D regularly, especially during the SI audition season, as I find it to be a wealth of information for this purpose in particular.  But, I am also finding a lot of value in other forums as well.

So, this is my very long overdue hello, and I plan to post more regularly going forward.

Redbookish

Welcome back, or in, or here! 

You sound very busy, but I hope you'll enjoy more [anonymous] posting - we're always happy to share the joys & the frustrations of adults learning/dancing ballet in the Adult Students section. 

balletteacherandmom

thank you redbookish! I will definitely take a look over in the Adult Students section, although sadly I haven't been in class for about a year. I have to get back in!

Redbookish

Yes you do. This should be everyone’s motto: Get To Class  😊