Ballet Talk for Dancers
pirouettegirl123

Will I make it?

pirouettegirl123

Hello! I'm 16 and I dance 6 days a week. This year I did twelve auditions and I got into 9 and was rejected at three (LINES, SAB, and Ellison). I'm happy about this but I didn't get a scholarship anywhere. I understand that getting a scholarship isn't easy, but I feel like I might not make it as a dancer if after twelve auditions I didn't get a single scholarship. Is it expected for someone my age to get a scholarship in at least one place or am I getting worried for no reason? Also my studio recently cast the spring show and I'm the only person in my level who didn't get a solo part (besides a girl who is recovering from surgery) and now I'm afraid that I'm not very good. Is this an indicator of a problem? Could it be that since I'm a tall dancer (5'8"-5'9") I'm not quite ready for those parts yet?

vrsfanatic

mpayer welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers.  While your response was wonderful, unfortunately  we do not allow anyone but Moderators and Young Dancers on this Forum. Please go to the Welcome Forum to introduce yourself as well as read the Rules and Regulations of BT4D. We are a highly moderated forum. We look forward to seeing you elsewhere on Ballet Talk for Dancers. :)

vrsfanatic

pirouettegirl123 congratulations on your 9 acceptances. That is just wonderful. It is too soon to know in which direction your career aspirations will go. Being accepted to 9 SIs is quite an accomplishment. Many do not get accepted to even one. Continue to work hard, focus on your goals and stay positive. Perhaps you might consider speaking with your teacher or the director of your program regarding your concerns. Schools differ in how they cast  therefore really only a representative from your school can explain to you why you were cast as you were cast.

pirouettegirl123

Thank you!