Ballet Talk for Dancers
Oreo

YAGP Question

Oreo

I read somewhere that YAGP scholarship offers are sent through email up to a week or more after the competition. Is that still true? My dancer has a registration deadline, and we are wondering if/when a scholarship is offered through YAGP semi finals ...does it happen on the spot or weeks later through email????

Toitoi43

In my dd's experience, scholarships were received after the regional competition.  This is not the norm though.  Most scholarships were given on the spot at the finals in NYC.  This was four years ago so things may have changed since then.

Desiderata

My DD received a scholarship after YAGP semi-finals - in her case she received the offer in a note attached to her score sheets immediately following the awards ceremony.

tsh212

My DD was offered a scholarship at the regionals as well.  It is usually a note attached to the score sheets informing you to give the particular school a call.  The most scholarships however are given at the finals in NYC.

Oreo

My dancer was spoken to by the judges at semi finals right after they came off stage by request. They spoke about 2 different programs, but didn't give any actual paperwork. We have not received any information through email since then. should we be concerned or does it take a couple weeks?