Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sparkle's Mom

Hi

Sparkle's Mom

Hi! My DD is 11 and after dancing and competing at a jazz studio for the last 5 years she decided last summer that she needed to focus on just ballet since she wants to be a ballerina when she grows up.  She is now in a pre pro ballet program at a ballet studio.  She is loving every second of it and is so much happier.  Her jazz studio could have been an episode of Dance Moms, no joke.  I'm enjoying being out of the jazz competition world for sure.  I'm so glad I found this forum.  My daughter will compete at YAGP for the first time next weekend and is very excited and nervous.  I love that by reading some of the information here I am getting a little idea of what to expect. 

Victoria Leigh

Welcome, Sparkle's Mom! We are happy you have joined us, and also happy that your DD is now is a ballet program and so much happier. :)  We hope you will enjoy reading and participating in our forums!

tsh212

Hey Sparkle's mom,

welcome to this wonderful forum. My daughter did YAGP in January and had a ball.  Tell your daughter to enjoy it... don't get to caught up in the competition... go out there and do your best, but most of all... meet some awesome dancers, take the workshop classes offered and soak up everything that she can.  The competition is a few minutes but the entire experience is so much more.  Merde to you daughter! and for you, this forum is everything.  I have found so much information and knowing that there are so many people out here with so much valuable information is wonderful.

Sparkle's Mom

Thank you! I've found so much information already in this forum.  I only wish I found it earlier :)