Ballet Talk for Dancers
pirouettegirl123

My best friend is a competition dancer

pirouettegirl123

Hello! At my school last year I made a very good friend who also wants to be a professional dancer! She's my best friend, but her studio does local competitions and she only has ballet technique classes four days a week. She has more rehearsals for genres besides ballet than anything else. She really wants a career in dance and I want her to try a class at my studio so she can see what a pre pro school is like. She can't go to summer intensives because she has a competition in the middle of the summer and she's been to two SI auditions total. She said she wanted to try a class at my studio a while back but she's afraid she'll get put in a low level :(. I invited her to our spring show and she said she wants to come. How do I get her to come to a pre pro school without saying something disparaging about her current studio? I really want to help her get better training.

Victoria Leigh

Why not just invite her to come watch a class?  Even if she sees the difference, and thinks she might be in a lower level, if she really wants good ballet training maybe she will think about trying. :)  That is really all you can do. Maybe she is happy doing all the other forms of dance more than ballet, but then again, maybe not. You never know.

pirouettegirl123

Thank you!