Ballet Talk for Dancers
Eligus

Article search re "life after audition season"

Eligus

I'm looking for an article I read about 2 years ago, but I'm unsure when the article was actually published.  The article discussed in general terms what to do when your audition season doesn't pan out with a specific "first job."   I know the article talked specifically about Misa Kuaranaga and her decision to re-train her body at SAB for more Balanchine movements.  I can't remember the other 2-3 dancers who were discussed. I believe they were also ballet dancers, but I can't quite remember.  The title (I think) was something like "those who didn't make it" and it had a generally encouraging tone about the fact that there is "life" (including ballet life) after the audition season....

I've searched through this archive and through the forums, but haven't been able to pull it up.  I don't remember the publisher.  Any help would be appreciated.

ballet1310

Hey Eligus it’s called “ The Ones Not Chosen”.  I tried to copy link but would t work on my phone 

MelissaGA

This one does not mention Misa Kuranga, but is along the same lines, discussing what 3 dancers did when the audition season did not pan out as expected. 

http://www.pointemagazine.com/issuesaugustseptember-2015minding-gap-year-2412824116.html

Eligus

YES!  Thank you guys!!!!